Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samalam
Reel Rookie

Grey bar at bottom of screen always

Jump to solution

Tv 7836x has a thick shodow bar at the bottom of the screen that starts to flicker. The tv was off almost 24h and the flickering is less so but the line is still there. Do I just wait longer? It's on every app and the home page.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Grey bar at bottom of screen always

Jump to solution

@Samalam

Thanks for the post.

As @StreamerUser stated, it's possible that the issue you are experiencing is hardware related. 

Have you tried contacting RCA support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://www.rca.com/us_en/television-4-us-en/customer-support-396-us-en or at 1-800-968-9853.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samalam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Factory reset didn't fix so it's not a settings thing. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Seems to be a defect - try returning/exchanging it with the retailer you bought it from.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Samalam

Thanks for the post.

As @StreamerUser stated, it's possible that the issue you are experiencing is hardware related. 

Have you tried contacting RCA support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://www.rca.com/us_en/television-4-us-en/customer-support-396-us-en or at 1-800-968-9853.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Samalam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can't believe I didn't think to consider the manufacturer. Thank you for the contact information too, I appreciate it! 

0 Kudos