Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrBadass
Level 7

Got a new router and my TV refuses to connect

I just upgraded my wifi to a much much better router. All of my devices have connected and now everything is running at breakneck speeds. The only problem is that my Sharp TV roku absolutely refuses to connect! I've already done a network reset, factory rest and unplugged the TV several times. Has anyone dealt with this before? And if so how did you fix it

TIA

2 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Got a new router and my TV refuses to connect

Are you using any special characters in the wireless password, such as ?, $, #, etc? You can't use special characters with Roku devices. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
HiSenseTV
Level 8

Re: Got a new router and my TV refuses to connect

If your router is newer than your TV, make sure your TV and router are both using the same 802.11b/g/n/ac/ax standard. If you're using a default (out of the box) router configuration it's possible the router is only set for one standard. You may need to configure it to accept a mix of standards depending on what your TV supports.

0 Kudos