Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Getting "audio stream quality issues" when using Private Listening on Roku Mobile App

Have a TCL 6-series TV and running the Roku Mobile App on an iPhone 11 to use the Private Listening feature (no headphone jack on these Roku remotes).  Getting awful sound quality.  A lot of sputtering and popping and will ultimately lose connection with a "audio stream quality issues".  Wi-fi connection is solid.  Tried reinstalling app, system restart on TV, using different router frequencies for the wi-fi, but no luck.  Any suggestions? Phone audio is fine with all other apps.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Getting "audio stream quality issues" when using Private Listening on Roku Mobile App

I have the same setup and the same problem. The audio sputters and loses sync after a maximum of five minutes, usually within a minute or two. It renders private listening impossible. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Getting "audio stream quality issues" when using Private Listening on Roku Mobile App

All the information I had seen was to make sure that the roku device and the phone used the same router frequency (on a dual band router).  Finally moved the TV to 2.4 GHz and my phone to 5 GHz and it resolved the problem.

Highlighted
Level 7

How do we do all that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Have had same problem for a while, I don’t know why? Please someone help 

0 Kudos