Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GQ8
Level 7

Getting "audio stream quality issues" when using Private Listening on Roku Mobile App

Have a TCL 6-series TV and running the Roku Mobile App on an iPhone 11 to use the Private Listening feature (no headphone jack on these Roku remotes).  Getting awful sound quality.  A lot of sputtering and popping and will ultimately lose connection with a "audio stream quality issues".  Wi-fi connection is solid.  Tried reinstalling app, system restart on TV, using different router frequencies for the wi-fi, but no luck.  Any suggestions? Phone audio is fine with all other apps.

5 Replies
Mhbhw
Level 7

Re: Getting "audio stream quality issues" when using Private Listening on Roku Mobile App

I have the same setup and the same problem. The audio sputters and loses sync after a maximum of five minutes, usually within a minute or two. It renders private listening impossible. Very frustrating. 

GQ8
Level 7

Re: Getting "audio stream quality issues" when using Private Listening on Roku Mobile App

All the information I had seen was to make sure that the roku device and the phone used the same router frequency (on a dual band router).  Finally moved the TV to 2.4 GHz and my phone to 5 GHz and it resolved the problem.

An713
Level 7

How do we do all that?

0 Kudos
Samsmum
Level 8

Have had same problem for a while, I don’t know why? Please someone help 

BigTrav
Level 8

Go on to your router and set the two different channels from AUTO to actual names like my setup.  NoYouDont2.4g and NoYouDont5g.  I use a Linksys router for now so I had to separate the two and it is steady and flawless now.  Also 5ghz wifi is the faster but weaker signal.  check strength in wireless settings in menu.  Only 1500 square foot with router in center of house so we are good on both.  

0 Kudos