Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zhentarhn
Level 7

Gaming device connection

Jump to solution

I am having trouble with multiple HDMI devices I want to connect to my television. My satellite TV connection works well, but none of my other devices will show a connection. If I remove the device connection and remove the input, reconnecting the device causes the TV to begin the setup mode for the device input. Unfortunately, after I finish the setup, turn on the device, then check the input on the home screen, it doesn't connect at all. I have swapped the positions of the input between each of the 3 connections, and I know they all work with my Satellite TV, but none of my gaming consoles seem to connect. I have an Xbox One original, a PS4, and a Nintendo Switch. I have tried directly connecting each to a different input, as well as running all 3 through an HDMI Switch of 3 inputs to 1 output. This worked on a previous Television, but not the current Roku 4K HDR TV. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Gaming device connection

Jump to solution

@Zhentarhn 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Gaming device connection

Jump to solution

@Zhentarhn 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos