Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miyeritari
Reel Rookie

Game mode stuttering on with OS 10.5.0 build 4167 - 93

My TCL 43S425 is flickering in an unplayable manner. Turning game mode on and off on either of my inputs (Switch or PS5) does nothing and does not fix the issue.

A factory reset only worked until I booted up my PS5. Changing the game mode on the PS5 Option has not stopped the flickering, which is nauseating to troubleshoot through. 

My TCL 43S425 does not have an "advanced display settings."

ROKU TV C107X

Model 43S425

Build 10.5.0 build 4167 - 93

The TV is unplayable right now. Plz fix. I would like to play video games.

Serial Number X00000P75L65

Device ID S038T9D75L65

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Game mode stuttering on with OS 10.5.0 build 4167 - 93

@miyeritari

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and the information you have provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
miyeritari
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuDanny-R ,

Just attaching a video of my stuttering video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9sXzHDe-H8

As you can see, this is essentially unusable and my game mode is off. Was wondering if you had any other troubleshooting steps or an ETA on a fix, or if my solution really is to go buy another TV after only having this one for 18 months. Would happily accept a replacement or refund as well.

Thanks,
Hannah

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@miyeritari 

Thanks for the additional information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Game mode has had a screen tearing issue ever since i bought this TV?

I bought a TCL Roku TV about a year ago  and the game mode feature has an issue where the screen tears. I talked to their support and they said it was because i have a 60fps TV and the feature isn't supposed to be supported by my tv. I've managed thus far, but a recent update has made the game mode completely unusable.  #32S331

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
adamvinh
Reel Rookie

Re: Game mode has had a screen tearing issue ever since i bought this TV?

I also have this problem and I don't know how to fix it.

0 Kudos

Re: Game mode has had a screen tearing issue ever since i bought this TV?

I've always had this issue in certain resolutions (720p specifically) with my 55" TCL 6-Series. It used to be that you could temporarily fix it by toggling game mode off and back on. The update from the past week has made it so that that doesn't work and nothing I have found can fix it at this point.

There are quite a few games on PS3 that are in 720p (Red Dead Redemption, GTAIV) that are basically unusable unless this gets sorted back out.

0 Kudos
ewoked
Binge Watcher

I have the same stuttering problem in game mode, please do an update to solve it !!!!

0 Kudos
ewoked
Binge Watcher

I have two examples checked with the Xbox Series x browser testufo.com

0 Kudos