Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
astro-pop
Binge Watcher

Re: Game mode stuttering on with 10.0 update

Jump to solution

It seems to have broken that fix, of course you can still disable it, but it doesn't seem to remove the stutter sadly... and I think the HDMi Device Link is a cool feature so its annoying to disable it! You can probably keep it enabled for now.

I tried just about every combination of setting on the TV and PS5 and I could not fix the stutter... So I think this is now in the hands of Roku.

0 Kudos
Codyhunter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dude you are the man! Kind of comforting to heat it’s not just me experiencing this. It’s totally the new update that’s causing this. Hopefully it’ll be fixed soon! Keep updated if you find any solutions or if Roku gets back to you 

Anthonyfargo34
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue over here on xbox one. Even then if you go to say cable and turn game mode on same issue happens.

System specs

TCL model: 65S435

Software version 10.0.0 build 4185-93

Hdmi is set to auto

Factory reset audio/video

factory reset the tv itself and still stuttering. Cant roll back to previous version with factory reset either

Codyhunter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Anthonyfargo34 @astro-pop @RokuDanny-R 
Have any of y’all found a solution yet or has your TV still acting up? It’s still stuttering on my end 

0 Kudos
Anthonyfargo34
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still stuttering on my end. I even tried to have TCL support try to help me factory reset it to before 10.0.0 but we can't find a physical reset button on my model for some reason. I'm like 99% sure it's the OS update at this point.

0 Kudos
astro-pop
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No fix for me, I'm 99.9% percent sure its a OS issue. I contacted Roku support and they asked for my tv info, but I have yet to receive any response

Steves8866
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Happening to me as well. PS5 runs perfectly without using Game Mode, but I timed the stutters, and it occurs every 14 seconds on the dot it seems, PS5 ran perfect before the update on Tuesday.

TV info:

Roku TV: C156X

TCL Model: 50S431

Serial #: X00000PDAWLE

Software version: 1.0.0 - Build 4185-93

Device ID: S08670DDAWLE

Tracker ID: LE-171-121

Not sure if that tracker ID tells about the HDMI as when I go to press the home button 5 times then back 5 times, it immediately goes to the home screen on the first press.

Please fix this Roku, it's ridiculous.

gmschaubert
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After my TV installed yesterday's update, Game Mode has been broken.

Through various testing on the PS5, when Game Mode is activated, around every 5 seconds previous frames are shown before jumping ahead to the current frame. 

-Roku TV brand and model

Roku TV: C167X

TCL Model: 65S435

-serial number

X000004DGYYV

-device ID

S09DF0DDGYYV

-software OS/version

10.0.0 • build 4185-93

(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

ID YV-171-237

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Activating Game Mode.

Here is a 30 second video of the issue while playing Rebel Galaxy Outlaw:

https://youtu.be/3ZfiHEMXOaY

Edit: Here is a better video of the issue (Final Fantasy XIV).

https://youtu.be/GenjhXjiQJg

Jump to solution

TCL Roku model 65S435.  Ive been having the same issue. The PS5 has been working perfectly fine until the update. Please help the stuttering problem. This makes the PS5 completely unusable.

Turned off gamemode and the stuttering stopped. Please fix this