Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steves8866
Reel Rookie

Re: Game mode stuttering on with 10.0 update

Jump to solution

I still haven't gotten the update yet. Do they release in different places at different times?

If it's not updated relatively soon, I'm taking this TV back since it's still in the return window.

0 Kudos
Greatfalls
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Hey Danny....you all fixing this issue at all? One guy said an update went out but rest of us haven't seen anything. Is this going to become one of those we just hope they go away eventually type of thing? 

0 Kudos
Steves8866
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R

Is an update really going out to fix this? All we have is one person posting a screenshot, and another claiming their TV was updated, and the rest seemingly haven't gotten the update yet.

If there are rolling updates please let us know, otherwise some of us will have TV's that are basically useless for anything needing Game Mode.

0 Kudos
SL5181
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

3DECDDB8-F9E1-49A5-922D-087009B6925D.jpeg

I just came home and now my “65 from Best Buy had this update available. Now no more stutter on both of my TVs. I can’t be the only one getting this.

gmschaubert
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

IMG_20210507_170757752~2.jpg

My 65S435 has a new OS update: 10.0.0 build 4195.

I will update this post if Game Mode does not stutter.

EDIT: I've been playing Resident Evil Village for about 30 minutes now without any stuttering via Game Mode.

0 Kudos
astro-pop
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Capture.PNG

Just got it as well! the stuttering is fixed.

0 Kudos
Steves8866
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Finally received the update as well. Stuttering is fixed.

Good job on Roku for fixing it relatively quickly.

0 Kudos
ancient_yogurt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here, no update yet, version 10.0.0 build 4192. 
In case they are only sending this out to certain models, here is my info:

Roku TV: C142X

TCL Model: 65S435

serial number: X00000VP5N8G

software version: 10.0.0 build 4192-93

device id: S02Y20AP5N8G

0 Kudos
Busybody
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I received system software version 10, build 4195 today, and it did not fix the game mode stuttering effect for me. Before that update I was on 9.4 and could fix it by toggling it off and on again, but now I just have to leave it off. Once again, this is with the same build people are saying fixed the issue so I’m very confused. I will be looking at purchasing another non-Roku, non-TCL-manufactured TV in the near future since this stuttering has been an issue for over a year now.

EDIT: I tried a factory reset, but the system software was still version 10, build 4195 after that. I was hoping it would revert to the out-of-the-box software so I could just use it offline. Also, after the factory reset, input lag seems to be MUCH worse when game mode is not turned on, so much so that any game is totally unplayable.

0 Kudos
Daiguuren
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Version 10 / 4195 update did not fix the game mode issue in this thread I have to revert back to version 9.4.0 - 4210 

here is my tv Information 

Roku TV: C108X

TCL Model: 43S425

serial number: X00000PKWC6N

software version: 10 build 4195

device id: S039H01KWC6N

@RokuDanny-R 

@RokuKariza-D 

0 Kudos