Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jciccone426
Reel Rookie

Re: Game mode stuttering on with 10.0 update

Jump to solution

Same issue, model 65S435

Just bought this TV today and don’t wanna return it over some stupid OS issue but I also don’t want to wait a month for them to fix it(I primarily game so it’s a big issue)

0 Kudos
Greatfalls
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am also having this problem on both my 65 inch Tcl and my 75 inch tcl. Update 10.0 has made Game mode stutter when on and I dont want to return both tvs. I hope this is something you guys will take seriously. 

0 Kudos
jciccone426
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

TCL 65S435

Roku TV: C167X

serial: X00000X3PDE1

device id: S09DF0C3PDE1

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4185-93

Issue ID: E1-172-273

Hopefully will help solve this faster.

is there anyway to downgrade to a firmware without this bug? It’s seriously effecting gameplay

0 Kudos
Codyhunter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorry man, I have not heard anything about being able to downgrade the firmware yet. It’s been three days and the problem still persists for me 

astro-pop
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  Any Updates on this? Can you at least tell us your aware of the issue and a team is working to fix it? Thanks.

myrridin

Jump to solution

TCL 65S435

X00000GRG5DF

S02Y209RG5DF

10.0.0 build 4185-93

DF-172-993

To reproduce: Plug in any game system (tested with XBox Series X and Nintendo Switch). Select the port it's plugged into and make sure game mode is enabled. You will see a frame blip every 5-10 seconds where it will jump back a few frames then back to where it was.

daniel5151

Jump to solution

Chiming in to say I'm experiencing this too. Hoping this gets resolved ASAP!

TCL 65S435

X00000AGFUXU

S09DFOCGFUXU

10.0.0 build 4185-93

Same as what everyone else said: game mode on is causing stuttering, and turning it off fixes it. 

It took me 4 hours to diagnose this issue, and I ended up buying a new HDMI cable because of it. I'm incredibly cheesed it turned out to be a TV update 😠

0 Kudos
jciccone426
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Would love to know if this is being worked on as well. This is my first Roku product and this is a terrible first impression. I get software bugs, but to effect something as critical as the TVs main functionality. That should be fixed ASAP. 

I hope to hear something soon or I’ll be jumping to a brand that does what it’s supposed to do. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and providing us with the information that I have requested.

I have passed along all of the information in this thread to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update the Community!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
sausage

Jump to solution

Experiencing the same issue. 65S435 running on software version 10.0.0 build 4185-93. Stuttering occurs roughly every 5 seconds while playing PS5 and persists across every game I’ve tried, as well as on the PS5 main menu. I’ve tried troubleshooting by changing various PS5 and TV settings to no avail. Only way to get rid of the stuttering is to turn game mode off on the tv, but having game mode off increases input lag significantly. Didn’t have any problems with stuttering or game mode before the latest update. Hope this helps with getting the issue sorted out!

0 Kudos