Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Codyhunter
Channel Surfer

Game mode stuttering on with 10.0 update

Jump to solution

About a month ago I purchased the TCL Roku model 65S435. I’ve been using it to play on my PS5 using game mode. It’s been working great until today’s new 10.0 update. With my TV on game mode, the picture seems to stuttering every 5-10 seconds. I checked all the HDMI inputs and it still does it in all of them. However, the picture won’t stutter when it’s off of game mode but it almost makes playing video games on it unplayable. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue or have any suggestions on how to fix it? 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Game mode stuttering on with 10.0 update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved and will be closing this thread out.

If you are still experiencing an issue related to this thread and are on OS 10.0 build 4209 please see this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
88 REPLIES 88
astro-pop
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Likewise for me… Before the update game mode was fine, now I literally can’t play games because of the latency. Let me know if you find a fix I’ve been searching for hours now but have come short. (Also on PS5). 

I wish we could at least roll back updates, when they literally break a core feature..

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Codyhunter @astro-pop

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to look further into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
astro-pop
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku TCL TV: C149X / 50S435

Serial : X000000PT0M3

Device ID: S077209PT0M3

Tracker ID : M3-169-775

To reproduce, plug a PS5 (Unsure about other Consoles) into a HDMI port and enable "Game Mode" when this happens you should notice intermittent stuttering occurring. 

Below are some links I found on YouTube, all posted within the past day so we can assume that they are on 10.0.0 as well with the same issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAfwpHL49bc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mHRB5sJd-w

Screenshot of the Tracker Id :
IMG_2950.jpeg

Codyhunter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku TCL C142X 

65S435

X00000M7TX33

S02Y2087TX33

10.0.0 build 4135-93

ID 33-158-332

when I am playing my PlayStation 5, which is always on game mode, there seems to be a glitch or stutter with in the screen whenever I move my joystick on my controller. When I turn off game mode, it goes away but it makes playing video games incredibly hard.

@RokuDanny-R 

Codyhunter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dude thanks for providing those links. Those are incredibly helpful. same exact thing is happening to me!! Did it start happening to you yesterday too? 

0 Kudos
astro-pop
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yep! I updated the tv and this started to happen! very strange

0 Kudos
Codyhunter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Has this happened to you before? I got my TV about a month ago and it’s been working great until this new update 

0 Kudos
astro-pop
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

About a month ago I noticed it, but I fixed it by disabling the HDMI-Link feature on the PS5. (When you turn on the PS5 the TV will turn on and automatically switch inputs) and before that I had to disable game mode and turn it back on to fix it, Its safe to say Game Mode has given me trouble! 

But this new update broke all of these fixes and its not like we should even have to do those in the first place! But I hope Roku can find this issue and fix it!

0 Kudos
Codyhunter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I agree! This TV has been awesome up until this happens. Can you still disable the HDMI-Link feature still? Or did the new update completely break that too? 

0 Kudos