Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsunami231
Roku Guru

Game mode stuttering on with 10.0 build 4209

really love it, the actual Gamemode bug where gamemode dont even work is back too, and apparently multiple system restarts dont fix it...  I had to Pull the plug hold power button for 60 seconds just to fix that. Untill it happens yet again

plus motion smoothing bug. when dont even have that enabled on any input or setting And there seems to be HDMI issue i went o change my input and whole screen went weird.

I am still stuck on 10 4209 build nothing newer has been pushed to tv, and weiry about get newer update as that might break even more things.

since this 10.0 i have "system restarted" the  dozen times before the update i have not had to do for 3+ months

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Beej_Wynn
Reel Rookie

Re: Game mode stuttering on with 10.0 update

@RokuDanny-R 
-ROKU TV BRAND AND MODEL: A119X MODEL- 55S535

-SERIAL NUMBER: X00300R5YDRP

-DEVICE ID: S05NY085YDRP

-SOFTWARE VERSION: 10.0.0 build 4209-88

Any help on getting the update for fix is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Ant63ss
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

Roku Tv: 7121x

TCL model: 65r617

software version: 10.0.0 build 4209-30

Game mode does not work even though it shows as being on. When I toggle it off and on screen doesn’t go black for a split second like it’s supposed to. System restart was fixing this a week ago but no longer does. Online gaming is nearly impossible without game mode working. I had this exact issue about six months ago.  How long til this issue is resolved again?? 

0 Kudos
tsunami231
Roku Guru

I am seriously so tired of this **bleep** with Rokue updates.

TCL 55S515

10.0.0 4209-30

@Ant63ss @RokuDR 

I had this happen bunch time where system restart dont fix this issue and I have  PULL the power and hold power button down 15 seconds to then plugg the tv back. which even more annoying then have to system restart tv every time I change fracking inputs

Roku has FIX this issue 4 times cause there update seem to revert there fracking fixes. and when this happen it trigger this Action smoothing bug too

Will never buy Roku based tv again

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Beej_Wynn

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps you are taking to reproduce this specific issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@tsunami231 @Ant63ss

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation as this is a different issue than what was previously reported as that issue was resolved.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Beej_Wynn
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R the best way I can describe it is stuttering when playing games in game mode.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Beej_Wynn 

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please let us know what device you are connecting to your Roku TV and are seeing the Game mode stuttering? In addition, what input are you connecting the device and what is the input called?

Once we have this information we will make sure to pass it along for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RockwellB1

I've been having this issue for awhile and just came across the topics on here. Everything is up to date but game mode is unusable because of the stuttering.

Onn Roku TV 8310X

Software: 10.0.0 build 4213-C5

Trying to play my Switch and Google TV Chromecast for Stadia. Switch is connected to HDMI port 2 and CC is 3. Tried switching ports but it doesn't matter. There isn't any stutter when connected to other TVs or if game mode is off.

TwinChamps

I’ve got an A124X Model 65S531 on software version 10.0 build 4209-88.

Game mode does not prevent stuttering on NHL 2021 on XBox X.  I’ve tried pretty much all settings.  The game is unplayable.

Any chance I can get on 4210?