Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AttiSala
Reel Rookie

Frigidaire AC Remote suddenly controlling Sharp Roku TV

Hello!

So last night - 8/7/2020 - my wife and I were watching TV when, seemingly out of nowhere, our Sharp Roku TV reset to the home screen. No problem, annoying but it's done that before.

Except when it happened again, it happened three times in a row - after my wife turned the AC down by 3 degrees. Every button on the AC remote sets our TV back to the home screen. This has never happened before and we can't figure out what to do. We have a standard IR remote with no "pairing" button.

Thanks!

26 REPLIES 26
mhaniff

Re: Frigidaire AC Remote suddenly controlling Sharp Roku TV

This has started happening to me as well. I have a Frigidaire AC next to my Sharp Roku 43" . When the TV is powered off and I use the AC control to switch cooling modes, the TV turns on and displays the home menu screen. Very annoying in the middle of the night. 

User77
Reel Rookie

Frigidaire Remote Controlling TCL Roku TV

I have a Frigidaire AC unit (single frequency remote).

Every time I use it at night, it turns on the TV.

I have a three month old and a tired wife. This is super annoying.

Why doesn't Roku allow for switching of frequencies on tvs and remotes? I have super cheap gadgets that do this. Also speakers, fans, etc.

Suggesting people buy a wifi remote to fix a product shortcoming is terrible customer experience.

Sfinx
Channel Surfer

Re: Frigidaire Remote Controlling TCL Roku TV

I have the same thing and started all of a sudden. Perhaps there were some updates done to the unit/software as is set to auto on the TV side. It has been working fine for a month. @Roku maybe one of your gurus can help here plz? It is annoying indeed. Thanks!

Brand new AC Frigidaire 8000BTU unit

TCL (Roku TV) - 32 inch about an year old

User77
Reel Rookie

Re: Frigidaire Remote Controlling TCL Roku TV

Thank you for the reply.

Would be amazing if someone could kill this bug @Roku.

Product details:

32" Roku TV (2018 leftover - just purchased).

FFrigidaire FFRE103ZA1 10,000 BTU Window-Mounted Room Air Conditioner, White

Tags (1)
AttiSala
Reel Rookie

It's a relief to see that this is at least happening to other people. It needs to be fixed; for now if we put a pillow between the AC remote and the TV when we use it, the AC remote does not shut the TV off, but that is NOT a solution.

Mgiardino1
Reel Rookie

This also started happening to me same deal Sharp Roku 32” tv and Frigidaire window AC unit. It never did this until a few weeks ago. Now at night if I try to adjust the ac temperature it turns on the tv.  It was a Roku update that did it I hope it will be addressed in a bug fix. 

Jiggs1523
Reel Rookie

Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one 🤦🏻‍♂️ this is crazy tho lol but yes this has been happening to me out of nowhere for like 2 weeks now on my insignia roku 46in tv with my frigidaire ac remote and it's really annoying I hope they fix this ASAP🤞🏼!

AttiSala
Reel Rookie

Hello everyone!

We had a brief reprieve. For a couple days, turning off the AC only made the TV ask if we wanted to close out of the current application.

And then, yesterday, it didn't happen at all. We were able to use the AC remote without ANY impact on the TV. Glorious, beautiful freedom.

But today, it's back to resetting the TV to the home screen.

Roku.
Please.
Deliver me.

User77
Reel Rookie

OMG last night the tv went on, woke the baby, woke the wife...

Mayhem at 2:30 AM on Monday night.

I hate you Roku!!!