Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jiggs1523
Reel Rookie

Re: Frigidaire AC Remote suddenly controlling Sharp Roku TV

Ok so it's been over 2 months and still no **bleep** fix for this😡😡😡 wtf Roku 🤔‼️‼️‼️

0 Kudos
Yumyulack
Reel Rookie

^^ Super Necro Bump

Was there ever a resolution to this?  I never thought to search for this issue before buying a tv, but I recently got a TCL 55" Roku TV and had it mounted on my wall.  It got a little warm out today, so I turned on my AC and it also turned on my TV.....

TV is TCL 55S421

AC Remote is Frigidaire YX1F8F

Kmahta

This started happening to me all of a sudden. I've also got a Frigidaire AC & a TCL Roku. 

How hard could this be for ROKU to fix? If they messed up the remotes with their updates, they should be able to reverse it, seems like a low tech fix.

Have a good summer everyone 🙂

•  
0 Kudos
Mgiardino1
Reel Rookie

I posted almost a year ago about this. It began to happen after a Roku update.  I have called Sharp and Frigidaire and gotten nowhere.  But it clearly was the Roku/Sharp update that did it. Now again it’s summer and if I adjust my air conditioner in the night it turns on the TV. It’s so annoying.  Somehow the system update modified the remote infrared range to the range of the air conditioning remote. 

Sfinx
Channel Surfer

Re: Frigidaire Remote Controlling TCL Roku TV

I got my issues fixed by enabling the option below. The Roku TLC TV we have is no longer affected by the Frigidaire remote functions. 

You can enable Fast TV start on your Roku TV at any time using the instructions below:
  1. Press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System, followed by Power.
  4. Select Fast TV Start.
  5. Highlight Enable 'Fast TV Start' and check the box to enable it.
0 Kudos
Sfinx
Channel Surfer

I got my issues fixed by enabling the option below. The Roku TLC TV we have is no longer affected by the Frigidaire remote functions. 

You can enable Fast TV start on your Roku TV at any time using the instructions below:
  4. Select Fast TV Start.
0 Kudos
Sfinx
Channel Surfer

4. Select Fast TV Start.
0 Kudos
Sfinx
Channel Surfer

I got my issues fixed by enabling the option below. The Roku TLC TV we have is no longer affected by the Frigidaire remote functions…

4. Select Fast TV Start.
0 Kudos
Sfinx
Channel Surfer

I got my issues fixed by enabling the option below. The Roku TLC TV we have is no longer affected by the Frigidaire remote functions..

4. Select Fast TV Start.
0 Kudos
Mgiardino1
Reel Rookie

Thanks so much. After years we have the solution as posted yesterday. Tested it this evening adjusted my air conditioner in every way and my tv was not affected. Great to finally get a solved. 

0 Kudos