Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zaid
Reel Rookie

Fix Sound Frozen On Sound Bar Start With eArc

i have 65’ hisun roku tv that is connected to a Bose speaker via eARC. When i power the tv off, my speaker powers off fine. When i turn tv on, my speaker come one but the sound is frozen and you cannot turn it up or down.  Only if i turn the Bose speaker off manually then turn back on it starts working again.  After some trouble shooting, i found that the issue is when the option System Standby is selected under CEC setting, when the system powers up, it fails to detect my speaker and the CEC device list says no device detected. If i manually select to refresh the list it finds my speaker and it starts working. I disabled that standby option which leaves my speaker on when i turn the tv off. When i turn it back on, the speaker is already on and it is able to detect and volume works fine. It appears that the CEC device list refreshes on startup before the speaker is powered on and therefore it cannot find it. If the speaker is already on, it finds it with no issue. Seems this could be a bug in how the sequence of this feature happens as it should power all CEC devices first before it attempts to search for them. Any help with this issue? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: CEC device list not refreshing for my sound-bar on startup

@Zaid

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Configure HDMI settings on your TV

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tdinsc

Re: Fix Sound Frozen On Sound Bar Start With eArc

I just got a Bose TV Speaker and am having the same problem.  Thank you for sharing your solution.  I was hoping to have the Bose TV Speaker turn off with the TV, but I suppose I will be leaving it on so that the Bose TV Speaker functions the next time when I turn on the TV.  Hopefully, our friends at Bose will address this problem.  Thanks.

Zaid
Reel Rookie

Re: Fix Sound Frozen On Sound Bar Start With eArc

I think the issue is with Roku not Bose. Roku needs to fix the sequence for devise detection on start to wait for devises to be on before checking for connected devises. Anyway, i have had mine on all the time and i do not even notice anymore.