Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a6mjc

Fire tv cube freezes on hisense roku tv

Jump to solution

Fire tv cube freezes on startup at fire tv logo, then no response from remote or Alexa.the light on Cube stays blue. tried everything to sort this.if i add another tv to the setup instead of hisense tv, it works perfectly again.Any ideas as I hitting a brick wall here.thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Fire tv cube freezes on hisense roku tv

Jump to solution

Hi @Awhitlock21,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For more help and assistance with this type of issue, you'll need to get in touch with the manufacturer of your Roku TV. You can locate their support contact information here: Hisense Support 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @a6mjc

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. Since your affected device is a Hisense Roku TV, we suggest reaching out to Hisense Support to report the issue and for further help.

You can contact them here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@a6mjc wrote:

Fire tv cube freezes on startup at fire tv logo, then no response from remote or Alexa.the light on Cube stays blue. tried everything to sort this.if i add another tv to the setup instead of hisense tv, it works perfectly again.Any ideas as I hitting a brick wall here.thanks

By any chance are you using a soundbar?  I had a similar problem with my TCL Roku TV.  I have an Apple TV 4K and it would freeze and show a black screen.  After hours of troubleshooting I found that the problem wasn't the TV or the Apple device, but rather the soundbar.  It was a TCL Alto 9+.

I had the Apple TV 4K connected to the TV's HDMI 1 port, the soundbar connected to the TV's HDMI ARC port, and for whatever reason, the soundbar was causing the whole problem.  TCL sent me four replacement soundbars because the first three were all defective. 

I also tested those soundbars as PC monitors, also connected from PC > HDMI ARC port, and every time I'd switch to the PC my screen would go black, the PC would stop responding, and I'd have to restart the computer to get it working again.

The fourth replacement soundbar finally worked fine. 

So if you have a soundbar connected to the TV via HDMI, the soundbar might be the problem.  Otherwise, I'm not sure what's causing it. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can I ask if you found an answer to this as I've just brought a fire tv cube and it's doing the exact same thing I complained to amazon at first but all they did was send me a new device have tried it on other TVbrands  and it works perfectly fine.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Awhitlock21,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For more help and assistance with this type of issue, you'll need to get in touch with the manufacturer of your Roku TV. You can locate their support contact information here: Hisense Support 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
wbuchan42
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Look up Google for secret settings for hisense Roku. Their are many look for the one that allows HDR change. Within screen go to hdmi to which fire cube is connected  and change from 2.0 to 1.4 fire cube works perfectly

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
wbuchan42
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have hisense Roku TV with same problem. I looked up on Google secret setting for the TV. I got a list of secret setting windows. Using remote I accessed HDR settings then changed HDMI setting to 1.4. saved the rebooted TV fire cube working perfectly

0 Kudos
wbuchan42
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I used hisense helpline which was no help they transferred me to company who charge £1 for trial who would help. Don't it is a rip off

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Davidmcleay

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried connecting the external device to another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue occur?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos