Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
purrfectpatty
Binge Watcher

Re: Favorites completely gone!

Jump to solution

You have to go to the guide, scroll left and up to where it says "all channels," then change that to "recent", which totally sucks, BTW. No more scrolling up through a few favorites, which was a pain to begin with. Now you always have to go to the guide and scroll from there. Either that or scroll through all the hundred+ channels on the TV. Why couldn't they just put channel number buttons on the remote? Would that cut into their huge profits by a few dollars?

purrfectpatty
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm in the market for another TV and be assured, it will NOT be a ROKU TV. It's obvious the geniuses to designed the remotes and the interface don't actually own ROKU TVs.

Jglte7620
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

See mine was updated where they took out “recent channels”! I have “All Channels” and “All Streaming Channels” only now. This summer if they don’t fix this issue, I’m going to sell my TVs (because I have 2 of them) and get myself new TV that actually is customer friendly and doesn’t keep removing necessary stuff for their own personal profit (in other words...NOT ROKU!!!)

osl7
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

no what your  update did was completely screwed up the guide. It also doesn't offer you to option to choose which streaming channels you want to block 

purrfectpatty
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Have you even bothered to try your own suggestion? First, EVERY time you go to the guide you have to reselect 'recent', second, just what criteria is used to determine what is recent? They are in no order that I can see and, worst of all, apparently 'recent' is every single channel you scrolled across while looking for the actual channel you want to watch. Yesterday I watched 2 channels. The 'recent' selection consists of at least 50 channels that I was forced to scroll past in order to get to the destination. This is absolutely ridiculous. My TCL ROKU TV is permanently off now and I'm watching my old Vizio Smart TV which has a REAL remote with actual channel buttons AND a working guide. Pathetic.

mikeism
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Denny4d wrote:

Not an improvement!!  First, , e.g. I would have to hit * and switch to all channels to go to a channel that wasn't "recent" however that's defined, and then go through those steps again to go to a recent channel to avoid scrolling.

Who makes these things up?

Dennis

I agree completely with the problem as Dennis described it.  My experience with Live TV after the update is exactly as he described.

Nothing shows up when I switch to recent channels and even if recent channels worked, switching between all channels and recent channels takes extra steps wasting time.

The recent update is horrible for Live TV.  Broken.

mikeism
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Issue ID = S9-519-472
Roku TV = A108X
TCL Model = 65R625
Serial Number = X00300R60RS9
Software version 9.4.0 Build 4200-88
Device ID = S053Y9960RS9

Live TV navigation is horrible after the recent update. 
- 'Recent Channels' doesn't display any OTA channels (even though 'Show' is selected in settings)
- Replacing Favorites with 'Recent Channels' was a horrible idea.
- Live TV navigation is more difficult and time consuming

Before the latest update:
=================
When customers selected Live TV,  'Favorite' channels appeared at the top of the screen, and 'all' channels were readily visible below the list of 'Favorites'.  The customer could then select a channel from the 'Favorites' list, or could easily select a channel in the 'all' channels list further down on the same screen.  No need to switch between screens/views.  Simple. Fast.  Easy to use and navigate. 

After the latest update:
=================
With the latest update, customers now have to choose between viewing 'All Channels' or viewing 'Recent Channels'.  Customers can't see 'recent channels ' and 'all channels'  at the same time on the same screen/view. To switch between views customers have to:

1) Press the left scroll arrow multiple times until a prompt appears letting the customer know that the view can be switched by pressing the * button

2) Press the * button to bring up the option to switch the view

3) Select either 'All Channels' or 'Recent Channels'.  That's the only options you get... display most recent channels, or display all channels.

4) Press OK

5) Select your channel

6) Now if you switched to a view that you don't really like as your default for Live TV, you need to go through the gyrations to switch it back.

How can this update be considered an improvement?  It's way beyond frustrating and aggravating.  

SUGGESTION:
=============
Show all channel groups on the main Live TV screen/guide with the option to show or hide each group:

- Recent OTA Channels ( used to be Favorites before the update)
- All OTA Channels
- Roku Streaming Channels

The functions to hide or show 'All Channels' and 'Streaming Channels' are already in the latest update.  Add the option to hide or show 'Recent Channels' on the same screen with 'All Channels' and 'Streaming Channels'.  With that approach customers can configure which of the 3 groups they want displayed or hidden when they navigate to the main Live TV screen/guide.  Customers won't be forced to click 6 buttons to see their most-used channels and 6 times again to go find some channels that aren't in the 'Most Recent' list. 

wbragg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This last update is causing me a lot of OTA issues on a couple of my 43" TCL Roku TVs.  I spending 90% of my time watching OTA, The Favorites which I loved are gone, and resent channel view contains nothing.

However the worst problem happens when a channel fades a bit or has any interference  now the audio mutes momentary and the channel information screen covers up 40% of the picture. This is new behavior since the update, extremely annoying when there is a weather alert in the local area and the sound keeps muting, the channel information screen covers up the weather information and it happen every few seconds if the channel is getting any rain fade.  I had to use the Plex app to stream the local stations now.

Please stop trying to fix stuff that was working fine, or provide a roll back to earlier releases, I am extremely unhappy with the fixes, and will not buy another Roku device if this is not fixed.

osl7
Streaming Star

Streaming channels in Ota guide bad

Jump to solution

The way you set up the Streaming channels in the Ota guide is useless.  Unless we are able to hide channels we don't want not simply all or none. It is unusable and too time consuming to use with the Streaming channels

Therapistjwc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes Mr. Bragg!  The new unwanted feature of almost half the screen being taken up by channel information every time there is a slight reception hiccup is very annoying.  It is a cloudy day in Georgia which would normally present an occasional momentary loss of sound is now accompanied by this stupid feature which stays up for several seconds, adding to the anguish.
I am going to write to CNET, Cordcutters, and any other review site that OTA users might check before purchasing a TV.  I remember that before I bought a Roku TV I read praise for the Roku operating system in terms of the user experience.  They need to look at it now.