Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linguist5

Re: Favorites completely gone!

Jump to solution

Please return Favorites and create a list of favorites.

Linguist5

Jump to solution

In my humble opinion, you should have input the controls before, not after.

Jwags

Jump to solution

Hi- where is the “recent channels view” that you mentioned in your post located?

CM4

Jump to solution

I don't want to remove the channels that I watch some of the time, but not always.  I want to able to easily get to the 6 or 7 channels that I watch all the time without scrolling through 30 channels to get to them.  It can take several minutes to get from one channel to the next channel I want to watch.  By then, a show may have started already.  I was pleasantly surprised when the favorites popped up, but confused by how they were chosen, one day a channel would be there, then I'd have to scroll through a dozen channels to get there.  In any case, if your remote doesn't have numbers on it, you have to figure out something better.  If you don't, my next TV won't be a roku.  There are other ways for me to stream my favorite apps.

Hufferinct

Jump to solution

That’s BS! I cannot even get to my local NBC channel any longer. I select 30.1 and it continuously brings me to 30.3 which is out of LA!! I live in Hartford, CT!!!!!!

rachelg

Jump to solution

I really hate not having "Favorites". When I change option to "Recent Channels" there is nothing there. Also, my accessibility/captions mode no longer works. I usually would have captions on mute. Now it only works once, then goes to always having captions on. Maybe I need t get a different smart TV...

TCD

Jump to solution

I want Favorites back!  I don't want to have to scroll through so many channels to get to what I want to see.

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@TCD wrote:

I want Favorites back!  I don't want to have to scroll through so many channels to get to what I want to see.

It's increasingly obvious nobody at Broku actually uses their own product. I strongly advise people to get on Amazon and review any/every Broku tv so people will know what kind of nightmare they're buying into.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
glend123
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Bring the favorites back!! Why get rid of it in the first place?  Give us a choice of how we want to view channels.  

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@glend123 wrote:

Bring the favorites back!! Why get rid of it in the first place?  Give us a choice of how we want to view channels. 

My impression is that Roku is trying to drive people to the Roku channel. I imagine a lot of antenna users are creatures of habit (like I am) and don't go to the trouble of clicking on the other tiles. So, Roku renamed "Antenna" to "Live-TV," added 1000+ streaming channels (so you can't avoid them by default), and make you sit on each one a little longer (by disabling continuous up/down channel scanning; now you have to push the up/down arrow once for every channel). Likewise, "favorites" is an enabler of your comfort zone. So, that's gone. Instead, you see your entire channel traversing history -- which exposes you to the channels Roku wants you to see.

That's my theory. There's no money in it for Roku when people watch over-the-air antenna tv. Roku's increasingly inserting itself into that activity. It's offensive to me because I thought I paid Roku when I bought my tv. I thought TCL had a licensing agreement to use Roku as the OS, and Roku got part of the money built into the price of the TV. Now it feels like a shake down, forced into a non-antenna experience. (This is why I think there's legitimate reason for people to file formal complaints with the FTC and their state regulators, most likely attorneys general.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.