Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smc3

Error code 003 software update loop

It all started when the Roku TV decided it doesn't want to open a single app. 

I have connected the tv to three different internet sources. One of which the only thing connected was the TV. And every app would crash. 

I went ahead and did a power drain on the TV that did nothing. I did a reset on the TV that did nothing but put me in a software update loop. 

I'm sitting here staring at a screen that says checking for new software updates connected to an excellent internet source but is unable to complete the software update check. And then it boosts me back out tells me to connect to internet and does it all over again.  

I contacted support to see if there's something that they could do to help me they told me to do the power drain or try resetting it when I told them that's something I already did they said that they would email me instructions tomorrow. 

NO HELP WHATSOEVER. WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.  I wish I came to the site before purchasing the TV to save myself the hassle and money. I'm extremely disappointed. 

5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Error code 003 software update loop

@smc3

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, did you already try connecting the Roku TV to an alternate wireless network to see if you can finish updating the device and then connecting it back to your home wireless network to see if you are able to connect?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rodlet

I am having the same thing and I have don't it 3 times with 3 defrent phones and 2 defernt home Wi-Fi and I can not get past the time screen 

0 Kudos
Rodlet

Can anyone help me out 

0 Kudos
Rodlet

I will never get another one I will stay with Samsung from now on onn roku tv sucks 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rodlet

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:

Software not updating on a streaming device
Update your Roku TV with USB

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos