Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valkyeie1
Level 7

Endless setup/Update loop

Jump to solution

Essentially, i got the roku tv product a couple of days ago and upon setup, everything works perfectly such as the connection to the wifi, the language set up etc but as soon as i’ve done with the wifi, an update is mandatory for the system. upon finishing downloading to 100%, the system tells me it has to then restart. Once it shuts down for the restart, it never comes back on. I’ve waited up to 30 mins before waiting for it to turn back on so i end up plugging and replugging it back in and it just sends me back to the original set up. 

Ive tried

-resetting 

-hard reset (30 seconds longer) 

-waiting periods of unplugging etc 

-letting it sit upon “restarting” 

and neither has worked. please someone enlighten me on what to do.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Endless setup/Update loop

Jump to solution

@Valkyeie1 

Thanks for the note here. You'll want to contact your Roku TV manufacturer for help and support for your TV running Roku OS. They offer direct support and warranty services for their products and would be able to best assist you. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Valkyeie1 

Thanks for the note here. You'll want to contact your Roku TV manufacturer for help and support for your TV running Roku OS. They offer direct support and warranty services for their products and would be able to best assist you. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
sisaw
Level 7

Jump to solution

So I had the same problem and tried all these things except I can't reset my router because I live on campus in college. So, I instead picked Spanish as my language and suddenly it worked. After setting up, you can change the language back to English or whatever is preferred. I hope this helps someone else!!

0 Kudos