Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoninBarber
Level 7

Echoed Audio

Hello,

I’ve had my 32 Inch TCL Roku TV for about 8 months now. Recently in the past few days my audio has sounded like an echo chamber when using corded headphones. I’m having issues where I’ll be streaming shows on Amazon, Crunchyroll And Netflix and all of the sudden in the audio will start echoing. I know it’s not the headphones because I use them with my iPad with no issues. This is really driving me insane. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it. All help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Echoed Audio

The first step to troubleshoot would be to restart the TV. That doesn't mean turning it off and back on, as turning it off really only puts it in standby mode. Either go into the settings menu and find the restart command, or simply pull the power plug from the wall. Wait about 30 seconds or so, then power it back up. Sometimes that is all it takes to clear an issue up. If that doesn't help, then reply back here and we'll do some more digging.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RoninBarber
Level 7

I unplugged it and that didn’t work. I changed the audio setting to Dolby and that worked for about 25 minutes. I’ll be watching a show, the sound will be normal and then it starts making a weird echoed sound where the audio is a little more focused on one side of the headphones. If I rewind it it temporarily fixes it.

0 Kudos
RoninBarber
Level 7

Anyone?

0 Kudos