Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJB2
Reel Rookie

Easy to set up 5.1 surround with Roku Ultra?

Jump to solution

It's finally time for me to cut the cable.

I'm interested in the Roku Ultra above all others, so far, and adding 5.1 surround to it. But in order to do that would I need a Streambar, Wireless Bass and 4 speakers? They come as a bundle but it's not the Ultra, and the Ultra doesn't come with speakers.

I'm not sure which speakers I would need to purchase along with the Ultra to set up 5.1 surround. Is a soundbar even necessary for that? I don't even see a soundbar that Roku offers that's not a Streambar.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. The sooner I cut this cable the better!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Easy to set up 5.1 surround with Roku Ultra?

Jump to solution

@RJB2 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are looking to create a 5.1 surround system with the user of a Roku Streambar/Soundbar with Roku Wireless Speakers, the Roku Ultra will not be necessary as you would be able to stream content through the Streambar/Soundbar.

For more information about creating a Roku 5.1 surround system, visit our Support page here: Build a Roku surround sound system

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RJB2 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are looking to create a 5.1 surround system with the user of a Roku Streambar/Soundbar with Roku Wireless Speakers, the Roku Ultra will not be necessary as you would be able to stream content through the Streambar/Soundbar.

For more information about creating a Roku 5.1 surround system, visit our Support page here: Build a Roku surround sound system

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RJB2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Understood about that, but what if I prefer the Ultra because of ethernet and the other options it comes with? Is it possible to build the same with an Ultra?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RJB2 

Thanks for the follow up.

You can still utilize the Roku Ultra if you wish to use it for streaming with the device capabilities, but you will still need to utilize the Roku Soundbar/Streambar to connect the Roku Wireless Speakers to create a 5.1 surround system.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RJB2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok so the Streambar is the only option even if I don't need its built-in streaming capability? There is no soundbar without it?

That's all I needed to know thank you!

0 Kudos