Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrgrumpy
Reel Rookie

Earphones keeps warbling

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a HiSense 40' Roku TV.  I bought an enhanced remote with earphone jack for private listening.  It was easy to pair the remote to the TV.  Whenever I use the private listening, after 3-5 minutes, the sound gets warbled.  I have to unplug and re-plug the jack back in.  I've tried other headphones and get the same results.  Is something wrong with the remote?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Earphones keeps warbling

Jump to solution

@mrgrumpy  Thanks for the note. While not all models of Roku TVs are compatible with Roku Enhanced Remotes that feature a headphone jack fro private listening, all Roku TVs do support the use of mobile private listening via the free Roku mobile app. You connect headphones to your phone, then enable the feature within the Roku mobile app from the 'Remote' tab of the app. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mrgrumpy Thanks for clarifying. Mobile private listening isn't supported for HDMI input devices on Roku TVs. In that scenario, you'd probably want to look into another option, such as wireless headphones connected directly to your TVs 3.5mm audio jack, etc. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Its probably do to you using a remote with feature never intended for use with Roku tv's. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mrgrumpy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

So my HiSense Roku TV cannot use private listening?  If so, can I return the remote and earphones?  Will I get a refund?  I will also return the TV to the store.  I need to have a TV that supports private listening.  I'm so disappointed with this purchase.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mrgrumpy  Thanks for the note. While not all models of Roku TVs are compatible with Roku Enhanced Remotes that feature a headphone jack fro private listening, all Roku TVs do support the use of mobile private listening via the free Roku mobile app. You connect headphones to your phone, then enable the feature within the Roku mobile app from the 'Remote' tab of the app. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
mrgrumpy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for the follow-up.  I've tried to use the mobile app.  However, when I select the source, ARC_HDMI, (my cable box), for viewing, the private listening option is not supported in the mobile app.  That's the same response for iPad and Android.  When I'm watching Netflix or Amazon, it works fine.  So back to the drawing board?  

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mrgrumpy Thanks for clarifying. Mobile private listening isn't supported for HDMI input devices on Roku TVs. In that scenario, you'd probably want to look into another option, such as wireless headphones connected directly to your TVs 3.5mm audio jack, etc. 

Thanks,

Tanner

mrgrumpy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the info.  I did try my wireless headphones (which worked).  However, the TV audio was disabled because the TV did not support multiple audio output.  So my husband (aka Mr. Grumpy), used the digital audio output with our speakers and then we hooked up the wireless set to the speakers.  Problem solved!!!  Thank you for your time and patience.  Please be safe and healthy!!

0 Kudos
lynnie1

Jump to solution

What brand of headphones pair with roku TV?

0 Kudos