Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elove
Channel Surfer

EARC Issues with Vizio Soundbar M512a-H6

Is anyone using the Vizio M512a-H6 soundbar with the Series 8 TV. I am having audio dropouts/cutouts when playing Dolby Atmos content when using the soundbar HDMI eArc input regardless of the app (Netflix, Disney +, AppleTV +) and source (Firecube, AppleTV 4K, TV apps). The TV sound setting is Auto - Dolby Atmos/DTS-HD Master Audio. This does not happen when I use the soundbar HDMI IN input. I have factory reset the soundbar and did a power cycle. None of that worked. So, I returned the soundbar and got a new one. Well, the new soundbar does the exact same thing. So, at this point, I don't think its a problem with the soundbar, but maybe the TV. So, I reset the TV audio/video settings and it is still not fixed. I also did a factory reset on the TV. That did not work. I have tried different HDMI cables that did not fix it. Again, it only happens when using the HDMI eArc input on the soundbar. I'm at my wits end here.
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: EARC Issues with Vizio Soundbar M512a-H6

@elove

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting Vizio support to see what troubleshooting steps and insight they can provide?

We would recommend starting there to see what assistance they can provide.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Heyheydude

Re: EARC Issues with Vizio Soundbar M512a-H6

Hey I’m having the same soundbar issue with a Sony TV. I believe it’s definitely the Vizio 5.1.2 soundbars fault. We’re you ever able to resolve your issue?

0 Kudos