Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cdc1
Level 7

Download software

I brought a new tcl roku tv, my second, I was trying to setup, it kept looping back to "let's get started" screen. It would not update the software, tcl support said I could manually download the software, I tried but there was no application associated with the file when I attempted the download. Can anyone assist with the software file or is there another issue.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
twiceover
Level 13

Re: Download software

The software isn't meant to be run on your computer.  You should copy it to a USB stick and attach it to your Roku TV.

You can find the instructions at the TCL Site here:

https://support.tclusa.com/televisions-faqs/258399-how-to-update-the-software-on-your-tcl-roku-tv

0 Kudos
Cdc1
Level 7

I didn't try to run it on my computer, it did not download to the USB properly either. 

0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 13

A file is just data, the only time your PC should look for an associated file is when you try to open it.  So if you download the file to your "downloads" folder you should then be able to copy it to the USB stick you plan to put in the TV.

Maybe your anti-virus is preventing the download of the file?  Or it is possible when you click the download you are clicking "run" instead of "Save"?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Cdc1 

Thanks for the note.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update and setup your Roku TV. Then once your TV is setup, you can switch back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
baster77
Level 7

Thanks for the note.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update and setup your Roku TV. Then once your TV is setup, you can switch back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos