Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HoIIywood
Level 7

Don’t have “display type” option in settings on Roku TV

Hey everyone, just got a new ‘Onn. 43” Roku’ Tv. We use cable and have all the channels we had on our previous TV but the picture quality is terrible to the point where it’s not enjoyable. I found a lot of people saying to change the ‘display type’ in the settings, only problem is when I go to the settings I don’t that option?! Please help, I’d hate to have to make a return due to poor quality.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Don’t have “display type” option in settings

"Display types" is for a separate Roku device that is connected to a tv and needs to know what sort of a set it is sending signals to.  This option is not needed, or included, on a Roku tv that already knows what sort of display it has.

In many cases people don't say whether they have a Roku tv or a Roku device when asking their questions,  so well-meaning people may give answers that don't apply.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
HoIIywood
Level 7

So I’m guessing cable doesn’t count as a separate device 😬 

To reiterate, we have an actual roku TV it has ‘ONN’ at the bottom of it. And we have cable, whenever we go to live TV the picture is extremely blurry compared to our previous TV, is there a fix for blurry cable with this tv?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Roku tv's don't have that option, you have a Roku tv by Onn. Roku stand alone models like the Roku stick+, Premiere+, or Roku Ultra have that option in their menu. Because they can be connected to different types of tv's, where yours is a roku and tv in one, you don't have the option of connecting your Roku tv to another tv. Get it? As for your cable tv device you might have setting to to tell it what type of tv your roku tv is, not the other way around. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
HoIIywood
Level 7

Im not very tech savvy lol but I think that makes sense 

And I’m sorry but that last part confused me, I looked pretty extensively at all the setting and wasn’t able to find anything to improve the picture quality from blurry to clear :/ any suggestions? Or know a fix? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Do you have a cable box?  If so, look at its settings.  Also, make sure you're choosing the HD channel.  Cable often has an SD and HD version of the same channel.