Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Dolby Vision/HDR Icons no longer appear

Since the v3 upgrade, my TLC Series 6 will not display the Dolby Vision or HDR Icon at the start of a labeled program. This is in all Apps. Netflix, Disney Plus, Prime Video and the Dolby App preloaded on the TV. Of course I have the option selected. I also have it hard wired, not wifi, to get the fastest speeds. This worked when I first got the TV, it seems tied to the upgrade.

11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Dolby Vision/HDR Icons no longer appear

Yep! This has been happening to me for a month now.  I can tell its not rendering in HDR either.  Any answers would be great.  I try and call Prime Video support, but get the runaround.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Same here. TCL 55R615 not showing Dolby Vision logo when playing DV content via Netflix & Plex. Appears to have started from last update but I cannot confirm.  So I'm not sure if rendering DV. However, if I go to "Options*", then "Picture Mode" it offers choice of DV mode (Vivid DV...). So... I'm not sure if the TV is actually  rendering DV or not.

I expect if the TV does not produce DV logo at DV content start-up, then it's NOT rendering DV.

This needs to be fixed!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Clarification:

Even though it's possible that Netflix has stopped pushing DV content data (masses watching now due to to Covid19), even if the show was labeled as DV content, the Plex app, when playing my PC's personal Dolby Vision content, is also experiencing this issue, whereas the DV logo would display previously in the recent past.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I use and XBOX One X, and I know mine still notifies me when an HDR game is started, as well as when I watch a Netflix show that has the Dolby Vision enabled. I also know that I had to enable those notifications from somewhere deep in the system settings in the TV. It's possible the notification option was disabled during an update. You may want to check there. Wish I could be more helpful for which menu item exactly but I am away from my TV for the next few days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Checked that about a month ago.  Still no HDR from Prime Video.  Still no calls back from customer service either.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

When I get back home in a few days I'll check my firmware version and let you know what mine is using. It's possible, maybe I never received the update push because they found an issue and stopped further updates after people complained. I'll let you know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Also just found the below, it's old and as I said I can't test it because I'm not home.       

Re: Downgrading Updates

You can sometimes get the previous version of the firmware during the rollout of a new version from the "Secret Screen" (press Home 5 times, FF 3 times, Rewind twice). Choose "Update software" and it may offer the previous version as an update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@VVV1 wrote:

Checked that about a month ago.  Still no HDR from Prime Video.  Still no calls back from customer service either.  

Same here. Still no Dolby Vision/HDR notifications from Netflix or Plex.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I got home and just checked, to enable the notifications for both HDR and Dolby it is under "TV picture settings" "Dolby Vision notification". Also my update version is from August 7 at 11:52 version# 9.3.0 build 4194.

0 Kudos