RayIT
Binge Watcher

Dolby Atmos streambar pro

With all the excitement purchase my new Streambar Pro I didn't realize it doesn't have Dolby Atmos, why? Very disappointed now, is there a soundbar in the works that has the streamer built in like the Ultra? Now I wish I purchased the Vizio soundbar with surround... thoughts? Anyone else have a Roku Ultra paired to a Vizio or any other soundbar and if so how does it work???

4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Dolby Atmos streambar pro

@RayIT

Thanks for the post.

For more information about Dolby Atmos and Roku devices, visit our Support page here: Can I listen to movies and TV shows in surround sound?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RayIT
Binge Watcher

Danny,

Thanks for the info. Not trying to be rude but the question remains why on earth doesn't the top of the line "Streambar Pro" like the ultimate not support Dolby Atmos? Is this being developed or shoukd I look elsewhere for my streaming audio? I had high hopes with Roku and thought it was a great platform to keep everything built into one device for simplicity but now I see I made a mistake???

AZChaz

We have a Roku Ultra paired with the $350 Samsung Q7 sound bar (w/Dolby atmos). Mc Lovin it!!!

RayIT
Binge Watcher

Thanks for sharing your setup. Over a year later and Atmos still not supported on there speakers. It's 2022 almost 2023 and Atmos is everywhere but Roku speakers... very disappointed, Roku are you listening??? Please add support for Atmos and you will have a killer system.