Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrHow
Level 7

Does Remoku work with a TV with built-in Roku smarts?

Jump to solution

Mine is a 65" Hisense TV.  When I did a scan with the web-based Remoku (running in Firefox), it did not see the TV on my LAN.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Does Remoku work with a TV with built-in Roku smarts?

Jump to solution

@DrHow Thanks for reaching out. We don't provide support for third party applications that are not affiliated with Roku, such as this. 

We would recommend using the official Roku mobile app, available for Android and iOS. You can see more here: https://support.roku.com/article/217288467-how-do-i-install-the-roku-mobile-app-

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@DrHow Thanks for reaching out. We don't provide support for third party applications that are not affiliated with Roku, such as this. 

We would recommend using the official Roku mobile app, available for Android and iOS. You can see more here: https://support.roku.com/article/217288467-how-do-i-install-the-roku-mobile-app-

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
DrHow
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't understand.  There is nothing "3rd party" about the OS running in my TV.  It IS Roku.  My remote is Roku.  It works just like any TV with an attached Roku device.

0 Kudos
DrHow
Level 7

Jump to solution

I finally get it.  I did think that Remoku was supported by Roku.  Somehow, in seeking help for it I wound up on the legitimate Roku site.  Sorry about that.

Meanwhile, I have installed the Alexa skill for Roku.  That works!

0 Kudos