Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ozdano

Do I need to put Roku into sleep mode ?

I understand that fire stick should be put into sleep mode when not being used.  Does the same apply to Roku and how is it done if need be?   Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Do I need to put Roku into sleep mode ?

@ozdano 

With a Roku device, you press the Home button on the Roku Remote to stop streaming content and return to Home Screen before powering down the TV.  It will automatically go into a Sleep Mode after a bit on non-use.

If you have a Roku device powered by the TV's power port, then there also is the possibility that it may power down completely when the TV is powered down.  With some TV power ports, the power remains on to connected HDMI devices, so for those, the Home button on Roku remote will need to be pressed to return to Home Screen and allow the Sleep mode to be activated.

With a Roku TV, best practice is to again press the Home button before powering down, but on the RokuTV, you can simply press the Power button and the RokuTV will power down completely or go into a low-power mode (if Fast Start is enabled).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos