Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bldragon41
Level 7

Do I have to use Roku Soundbar connected to a Roku TV?

Jump to solution

I am wanting to buy the Roku Soundbar. But I am getting a Roku TV. If I was to get the soundbar, do I have to use the Roku feature on the soundbar? I don’t want the two to conflict with each other. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Do I have to use it?

Jump to solution

@Bldragon41 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are connecting a Roku Soundbar to a Roku TV, you do not need to use the Roku Soundar as the Roku device, you will be able to simply use the Roku TV to access the Roku interface.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Bldragon41 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are connecting a Roku Soundbar to a Roku TV, you do not need to use the Roku Soundar as the Roku device, you will be able to simply use the Roku TV to access the Roku interface.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

roblinda
Level 7

Jump to solution

how do you perform the set up so they do not compete with each other.  I would like to use the roku feature on the tv and just use the sound bar as a sound bar and not a tv receiver

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

First of all stop using the soundbar roku remote especially to turn on the tv, because a few sounds later it switches to the soundbar home screen. Just use the tv remote, if its only IR remote and you like the wifi remote included with the roku soundbar purchase a separately sold voice remote for your roku tv. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
HeatMiser
Level 7

Jump to solution

Similar to the Soundbar question:

I already have a Roku TV & Roku wireless speakers. Can I use the Roku Streambar as a wireless speaker as well?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@HeatMiser 

Thanks for the post.

You can attach your Roku TV and Roku TV speakers with your Roku Streambar as a surround sound system.

For more information, visit our Support page here: What is the best placement for my Roku® wireless speakers?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
HeatMiser
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still not clear.

Your link implies that the wireless speakers must be paired with the Streambar rather than the Roku TV for surround sound.

If so, the question remains...do I then have to use the Streambar for streaming for this to work, or can I connect the Streambar wirelessly to the Roku TV and continue using the Roku TV for streaming?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

The wireless speakers when paired to roku tv, act like the main speakers. If paired to a Roku streambar they are accent speakers, rears giving you surround sound. You can not connect the streambar to a roku tv wirelessly, its either hdmi-arc, or combination of regular hdmi cable and an optical cable. 

Edmund
Momerath1
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 3 hdmi ports on my TCL Roku TV and they are all in use. Can I connect the Streambar with an Optical Cable after pairing the Roku Speakers I already have with the Streambar and then just use the TV's remote to control my Roku interface and still get the surround sound I want?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Momerath1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

In order to connect the Roku Streambar, you will either need to connect through HDMI (ARC) or with a HDMI (non ARC) with an optical cord.

For more information about how to connect your Roku Streambar, visit our Support page here: What is a Roku® Streambar™?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos