Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney+ HDR content displaying incorrectly

@TonyBago wrote:

Tanner,

That does not explain why the Disney+ stream via my xbox is quite brighter than the Disney+ stream thru the roku.

Still waiting to hear from the Disney+ tech people.

Thanks,

Tony

I don't have an xBox, but do have an Nvidia Shield. Disney+ doesn't look any different on my two players. And I've heard the same from other users on different forums. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
TonyBago
Level 7

Installed the Disney+ app on the TV itself (Samsung UN65KS8000FXZA) and played some content.  Image is also way brighter than the roku stream.  In terms of brightness and overall image quality, the best image comes from the xbox stream, then directly from the TV, with roku having the worst image.

Still waiting to hear from Disney+ on the subject.

Thanks.

P.S. - Happy Thanksgiving!!

0 Kudos
Codydamanz
Level 7

I have the same problem when trying to watch the mandalorian through the Disney app on my Roku tv. I have to go in my bedroom and watch it on a different TV and it's fine. Everything else I watch on the Roku TV is fine as well. Any update on how to fix this or if they're going to update the app as I think that's what the problem is?

0 Kudos
jingy
Level 7

I just started to have this exact problem today. Only movies in Disney+ are exceptionally dark. No other streaming service is that dark. If you fast forward or rewind the little preview is full brightness while the actual stream is quite dark. 

I’m not sure what changed between yesterday and today. But my tv has been turning on and off by itself and locking itself up. I haven’t noticed that it’s locked up since Disney went dark. 

0 Kudos
jingy
Level 7

I figured it out. Somehow the pro tire quality got changed from “normal” to “dark”. I changed it back to normal and the picture quality got better. So just hit the * button and scroll down to picture mode and select normal.