Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean42MVG
Channel Surfer

DirecTV RC66RX remote controls TCL 55 inch Tv Volume, but NOT TCL 75 inch Tv Volume ??

I own a TCL 55 inch TV  and my DirecTV RC66RX remote controls the Volume &  Input Select

I just got the TCL 75S421 and my other my DirecTV RC66RX remote control will NOT control the Volume & Input Select. It does control some functions.

IF i take the remote used on my 75 inch and take it upstairs to my 55 inch TV, the volume DOES adjust !!

If I take the remote from my 55 inch downstairs to my 75 inch tv, the volume does NOT adjust.

what's going on ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: DirecTV RC66RX remote controls TCL 55 inch Tv Volume, but NOT TCL 75 inch Tv Volume ??

The white directv remotes add an extra signal to every command, it may make the IR unrecognizable to the 75". Where the 55" isn't as sensitive to signals it accepts. Try the following steps:

1. tv

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks, release

3. enter 1 2 0 4 9

To enable the input key:

1. tv

3. enter 9 6 0

To disable the extra signal:

1. tv

3. enter 9 6 3

4. press CH down

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Dean42MVG
Channel Surfer

Re: DirecTV RC66RX remote controls TCL 55 inch Tv Volume, but NOT TCL 75 inch Tv Volume ??

Thank you.

I will try when I get home. I swear I've tried every code, but that code does not ring a bell !

[nor do the additional tips]

I'll report back !!

0 Kudos
Dean42MVG
Channel Surfer

It WORKED !!

THE THING THAT I NEEDED TO DO WAS RESET THE REMOTE BACK TO RF MODE.

After that, I did the first two steps you suggested and it worked fine!!

0 Kudos
weaponx126

How did you reset the rf on remote?  I have same thing going on, 2 year old 55" tcl the codes work fine new one model 43S431, volume refuses to work.  

0 Kudos
Dean42MVG
Channel Surfer

it is done through the DirecTV box menu. settings and help, settings, remote control, reset remote

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

If you want to set the DirecTV device to IR from RF mode simply program code 00001 to the DirecTV device. 

1. Press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks and release

2. Enter 0 0 0 0 1

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Dean42MVG
Channel Surfer

I believe those are the instructions  subsequently displayed when you follow the steps i noted above.

thank you !

0 Kudos
safarijb

My tcl 55 roku tv, not working volume buttom in the directv remote control, the solution was into the menu on directv,/setting//remote control/ir-rf, press select, the follow the instructions, then working fine, anyway the code for this tv is 11756

0 Kudos