Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged TV, screen damage when tv is on. Replacement

My tv recently got damaged, the screen is intact. However when you turn it on, stripes appear on the tv, not a lot on the screen is visible, etc. I bought the TV through Walmart and am having a hard figuring out through both Walmart and Roku if it’s possible to get a replacement. 
Roku says it doesn’t recognize my serial number, and Walmart website says it doesn’t recognize my order. What should I do?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Damaged TV, screen damage when tv is on. Replacement

@itsregiilove 

You kept your receipt? That'll show exactly when and where you bought it.

If you paid via Walmart Pay using the Walmart app, then you have a receipt tied to your Walmart account. Or you should have received a paper register receipt upon purchase. Or email, if you bought it online.

If you need service on a Roku TV, that would be either the store (Walmart) or the manufacturer (whatever the brand is). Roku does not build Roku TVs. Roku licenses their software to TV manufacturers for them to include it in the manufacturers' TVs. Roku TV  Support page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Most warranties will not cover physical damage, like if something hit the screen and broke it.

0 Kudos
Pushup

I need to activate my 1 year insurance policy on a damage television. Please.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

The warranty is with the manufacturer of the TV (TCL or others). Roku just supplies the software. Warranties typically start when you buy it (keep the receipt!!) Most factory warranties do not cover physical damage.

DBZooper

My parents tv was damaged by a roku device they bought and plugged in. Even when it's removed a stripe across the TV is still present. Does anyone have an email where they can be contacted? The website seems to just loop back to the beginning at a certain point. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @DBZooper

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing.

The issue you are reporting looks like a hardware related issue with your TV that a Roku device would not have an impact on since when you disconnect the Roku device, the issue is still present. We would recommend contacting your TV manufacturer regarding the issue you are seeing for further insight.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos