Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Controlling my Roku TV with my Google Nest Mini

So, according to Google Nest help site, Best Buy Help (where I bought both the TV and the Google Nest Mini) and now your (Roku) help site, I am SUPPOSED to be able to use my Google Next Mini to control my Roku TV....but NO! I have tried EVERYTHING to set it up and can find NO answers anywhere. So now what? Is all this money I spent on the Roku TV and Google Nest Mini just wasted or can I get SOMEBODY, ANYBODY to help me fix this problem? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Controlling my Roku TV with my Google Nest Mini

I'm also ticked-off! Either the salesperson wanted to make his quota and lied to me that I could use Google Nest Mini (2nd generation) to control all of the features or it is limited. Why do I say limited? I can ONLY power on/off the tv. WAO!  I also purchased Roku's voice recognition remote control and it is also limited in features. Chances are the voice recognition button feature was created from Linux since Roku OS is a heavily tweaked version of a Linux distro. 

0 Kudos