Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark17
Level 7

Constant scrolling on TLC roku tv

When pointing my remote at the roku device the screen will continually scroll and will not let me select anything. When I move the remote away from the devices receiving signal the screen stops scrolling. I have changed the batteries and restarted my roku device. Please help!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Constant scrolling on TLC roku tv

It sounds like the remote is continuously sending the signal for the up or down arrow.  Check for the appropriate button on the remote being stuck in the depressed position.

If correcting a stuck button doesn't fix things you can confirm the condition by pointing the remote at the camera on a phone or a digital camera and seeing if you see a continuous flash on the camera screen.

Meanwhile, you should be able to control the Roku via the Roku app on a mobile phone connected to your home network.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry, I meant to add in the above reply...

If the problem is in the set instead of the remote, a restart of the set may be all that is required.

Since you probably can't control via the remote to use the menu commands, just pull the power plug for a minute or so then plug back in and start it up again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mark17 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after following what @makaiguy mentioned, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact TCL here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos