Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gangsjep

Re: Constant Buffering With 4K Content

I've been having the same EXACT Issue as @ektoplasm and many other's here. And it is not my internet speed since I have a steady 100mb/100mb fiber connection, wired.

But my Roku TV is an Element TV, so it's not just happening to TCL's.

Unsure if to even continue pursuing this fix since from the looks of it, been at this for month and still no resolution from Roku.

For what it's worth

Roku TV: 7824X

Element Model: E4AA43R

S/N: YN00UW140044

Software: 11.0.0 build 4193-AM

ID: 3Y507U140045

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

I have 2 westinghouse and 1 sharp and I can watch 4k content on YouTube buffer free. But, if I was having an issue with buffering I would contact YouTube first then the manufacturers of my Roku TVs.

0 Kudos
Testload
Reel Rookie

I have two TCL's. 55R617 and 55R625. The R625 is far away from the router and plays YouTube at full settings (4K HDR 60FPS) with no buffering. The R617 is right next to the router and frequently buffers at max settings. This wasn't the case before. What happened? This seems to only affect YouTube since Netflix can run at 2160 with Dolby Vision.

I've already done a factory reset but the problem persists. Could it be a software version issue? 

0 Kudos
Series6Nomore
Reel Rookie

Looks like you're right, nothing but CRICKETS, at least on this Forum. It seems as though the Company line is, So what! we don't care that our TV's do not function with 4K on You Tube, (Even though YouTube TV is one of, if not the most popular streaming platform in th U.S!) Not to mention the overwhelming popularity of YouTube and the large amount of 4k content available on the channel. If there's no problem on their end, they could at least tell us where/what the problem is. Daniel? Engineering? I intend to return my new TCL 75R655, if it cannot directly stream YouTube 4k content. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Testload @Series6Nomore

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Series6Nomore
Reel Rookie

Danny, why should I bother to re-create my issue with YouTube TV and Youtube with my 7120x/55R613? Many people have had the same issue, and have given you the relevant information, and have not received a solution or possible remedy from you or anyone else. The only possible remedy has come from one of the forum members. Whose fix had to do with a CDN originating from Los Angeles and reconfiguring ports and channels, which is probably not workable for everyone. I took delivery of a 75R655 last week, so far on the same network as my 613, it is not exhibiting the problem, sh.owing higher speed and increased buffering reserve. I watched a MLB game in 4k directly through the TV without any buffering. I'm glad I'll be able to keep it, but would still like my 613 to function as well!

0 Kudos
Testload
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

Roku TV: 7120X TCL Model: 55R617
Serial: YS00SY503083
Device ID: FV283S503083
Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-30
YouTube version: 2.20 build 93005150
Issue ID 83-414-683

Danny,

Please read my initial message which you replied to. All you have to do is search for a 4K HDR 60 FPS video. Force the video resolution to 2160. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Series6Nomore @Testload

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that there is a recent OS update that has been released. We would recommend checking for a manual OS update and then seeing if the issue persists. If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide the OS version your Roku device is running as well as a new tracker ID.

For more information about how to check for a manual OS update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

This thread was originally opened for a now outdated OS. If you are still experiencing an issue, we would first making sure you are running the latest OS 11.5 build by checking for a manual update on your Roku device.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please feel free to post in this new updated thread.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos