Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Constant Buffering With 4K Content

@ektoplasm @TheColorTwelve

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DocHolliday
Reel Rookie

Any update on this? I've been experiencing this exact same thing on my 4 series TCL. I have gig internet hardwired and this is completely ridiculous. I have 4 Firestick 4k's, a Vizio and a Samsung. The TCL is the only one that had this issue with the youtube app and to a lesser extent, the Apple TV app. Please fix this!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DocHolliday

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DocHolliday
Reel Rookie

TCL 65S425-CA

Serial # YN00P2373877

Device ID J6901P373877

Software 10.5.0 build 4210-30

Occurs on Youtube version 2.20 build 93005147

Tracker ID 77-055-999

steps to reproduce: Open and play any  4k60fps content on Youtube and the video will stutter constantly and not buffer correctly. (No it is not my connection)

0 Kudos
jstar47

Hello Danny ,  

I have buffering on 4k as well as non 4K on My Roku/Hisense TV and my Internet carrier has replaced my modem as well as the white box that is hardwired to the modem.  The field agent for the Internet carrier tested the single and it is a constant 300 to 300MPS but we are still getting buffering.  Considering the TV is now 3 years old it is not covered under warranty but everything else works great on this TV so is it possible to buy and plug in a new Roku  Device and if so will I need one that can be hardwired to my sound bar?  Thanks much in advance for any and all response.   Joe Starosciak Charlotte, NC 

0 Kudos
Crabcake
Reel Rookie

I'm having the identical problem as the OP. Here's my info:

Model 7138X Roku TV
SN: YS00F1859700
Device ID: L4V96F859700
SW: 10.5.0 build 4210-30
YouTube v2.20 b93005147
Issue ID: 00-056-941
Timestamp: 2022-02-09T13:01:07Z
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open any 4k video in youtube.
2. Set the video to 2160 resolution.

Note that I have a pretty fast connection, 300 Mbps down, and the problem persists whether I used wired or wireless connection to the TV from the router. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jstar47

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the information that I have requested in my previous post.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DocHolliday @Crabcake

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheShane

I'm also experiencing this issue in Canada. I have the 55S425-CA

I have a Cable connection, 750 down 100 up. I have 0 troubles with high throughput from anything else. I can download Steam games at 60MBPS while streaming content on multiple devices with no buffering issues, so it's not my network. This is very obviously an issue locally to the TV. It might be the YouTube app or it might be a firmware issue, but it's definitely something to do with the TV specifically.

Model 7132X Roku TV

SN: YN0011048059 (J59891048059)

SW: 10.5.0 build 4210

Timestamp 2022-02-13

Issue occurs on YouTube channel.

Steps to reproduce: 

1. Open YouTube channel

2. Find 4K video

3. Play video

4. Ensure 2160p is selected

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TheShane

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos