cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tow
Reel Rookie

Re: Connections needed for Streambar @ LCL

Jump to solution

Tivo. Just so I understand. Are you saying that sound will come through the streambar for Roku apps even if the TV does not have HDMI ARC or Optical? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Sure, the sound will stay with streambar and video will be sent to the tv via regular hdmi cable. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Tow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Awesome! Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
lwatterworth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To get through the Streambar initial setup without HDMI-ARC or fibre, you must first tell the Streambar that you don't have ARC, and then tell it you have the fibre cable connected (even when you don't).

Super terrible UX.  Roku, you can do better than this.

jwight01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just set up a Streambar on an older Sony XBR TV.  As noted above, just connect the HDMI cable and complete the setup as if you also used the optical cable.  Setup will finish and then you can log into your Roku account; the Streambar will update and then load all your Roku apps.  Sound is pretty good considering the small size of the device.  You will only get audio from what is streaming to the TV.  Sound from regular TV input will not come from the Streambar.

jacquep801

Re: Connections needed for Streambar

Jump to solution

ok so I have the same situation, purchased the Streambar pro, subwoofer, and additonal speakers for an older projector in a basement that does not have an optical or HDMI-Arc. It only has an HDMI. Roku Streambar Pro Auto setup will not let me bypass the Optic connection. Thank you for your help in advance

Jacque 

0 Kudos
Linz7

Jump to solution

That's a helpful start, thanks Jwight01.  But hey ROKU experts, could you also get regular TV sound through the Streambar if you got (some sort?) of adapter that links audio from TV to Streambar? For example if you got a cable one end male RCA dual audio, other end male USB plug, so you can plug RCA into TV and link to the USB port on Streambar.  Would this work? If so what specs for adapter /cable do you need? Is this a USB-C port on Streambar? Help please ROKU tech support!

0 Kudos
Shakmtl

Jump to solution

Hi I think I might be in same situation if I buy a steam bar but want to make sure. My current setup is Roku stick plugged into Benq projector. I don’t like the sound from Benq speakers so I connect to external sound bar by Bluetooth. Was hoping to connect by Bluetooth to stream bar and use Roku stick for a different tv but that seems too good to be true.

0 Kudos
krstarr

Jump to solution

where is the hidden optical port on the streamer?????

0 Kudos
jwight01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It's between the power and HDMI ports, has a plastic cover on it.

0 Kudos