Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcclaingrayson
Channel Surfer

How to connect my Wii system to my Roku TV

Jump to solution

I am having serious issues with the connection of my wii system. Obviously Wii has the AV cable which the TCL 65" doesn't support. Therefore I bought 2 different types of converters. One that uses the AV cables and converts to an HDMI connection. That one didn't work. The other is the HDMI2 converter. This gets rid of the AV cables all together and plugs into where the AV cable would hook to the wii, then you uses an HDMI to HDMI connection. As of now, neither have worked. In turn, I called my cable company  (comcast/xfinity). I'm running the xfinity X1 system. After hours on the phone they came back to tell me that wii is not compatible with xfinity anymore! Xfinity said that it was the WPA2 security that they use. They suggested getting another router to get around this. I find it hard to believe that there's not a way to use the Wii system on this TV. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you get around I? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! 

Thanks, 

Wendy 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
denise3

Re: How to connect my Wii system to my Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hello. I have a Roku and a Wii system. To connect the Wii system to your Roku:

First have your TV on, have your Wii system on.

1. With your Roku remote. 

2. Scroll down  to settings under Streaming channels, select.

3. Go to TV inputs, select.

4. Go to AV, select.

Your TV should recognize the Wii system.

Hopefully this was helpful. Have fun! 

Deniese

View solution in original post

lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The TV should have come with a small adapter cable that splits the mini-jack to the 3 RCA connectors for an AV input.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
Cath
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got no colors on my tv when I connect my Wii! What should I do?

[edited title to denote issue and post moved]

0 Kudos
fluke
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Are you connecting to a Roku TV?  If so, who manufactured the Roku TV and what model # is it?

By Wii, you mean the one released back in 2006?  A Wii Mini?  A Wii-U?

Are you connecting via composite (three RCA plugs), s-video, component (five RCA plugs) or HDMI?

Are you connecting directly to the TV or connecting to an A/V Receiver that is then connected to the TV?

Cath
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks you to reply me. English is not my first language so I did not understand all your message but yes I Want to connect a Wii 2006 on a Roku tv. I bought my tv in Costco and it is a 55 with 4K so HD. Yes, I am connecting to component with five RCA plug (direct in my tv) but there is only 3 holes in my tv and the colors are not the same as the plug. Sorry I’m surely not clear because Im not that good in English but thank you to try to reply me.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Cath, you are apparently trying to connect something with component connections to a TV that doesn't have component inputs. Yes, that can throw the colors off, as all three component cables must be connected correctly to get the full video image. Assuming the TV doesn't have component inputs that you haven't found (some TVs use a "dongle" cable with the three connections that plug into a single connection on the TV), you would need to use a converter.

Here's something available on Amazon for $22: https://www.amazon.com/Component-Adapter-Coverter-Componet-Converter/dp/B07CP2FFS3/. This takes all five cables (3 video and 2 audio) and sends it out as an HDMI signal for connection to the TV. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Cyn6

I am connecting with 3 plugs red, yellow, white

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Cyn6 wrote:

I am connecting with 3 plugs red, yellow, white

It is not common to find a TV anymore with analog inputs (red/white/yellow). Most HDTVs are only HDMI anymore. If you do have the analog inputs, make certain you match the colors to the correct jack. Yellow is video, and must go into the yellow jack. Red and white are audio, so if you get them backwards you just have your left and right reversed, but they will still work. If your TV doesn't have those inputs, then your only option is to try using a converter box. Some people have success with them, some don't. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

Re: Connecting Wii to TCL 65" Roku TV

Jump to solution

Your tv should have come with an av plug that looks like a headphone jack on one side rca cable on the other. And you can get a usb Ethernet plug for the Wii and hard wire it although there is no point as most of the Wii online functions are no longer Active.

0 Kudos
Mcclaingrayson
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response! I see one input that could be considered an AV plug. How would I hook it from there? What type of cord would I use? I'm not interested in the online aspect, I just want my games to work. 

HisSvt2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This should have come with your tv in the remote bag

https://www.ebay.com/p/20028419089?iid=153622755522

0 Kudos