Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cath
Level 7

Connecting Wii to RokuTV

Jump to solution

I got no colors on my tv when I connect my Wii! What should I do?

[edited title to denote issue and post moved]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 13

Cath, you are apparently trying to connect something with component connections to a TV that doesn't have component inputs. Yes, that can throw the colors off, as all three component cables must be connected correctly to get the full video image. Assuming the TV doesn't have component inputs that you haven't found (some TVs use a "dongle" cable with the three connections that plug into a single connection on the TV), you would need to use a converter.

Here's something available on Amazon for $22: https://www.amazon.com/Component-Adapter-Coverter-Componet-Converter/dp/B07CP2FFS3/. This takes all five cables (3 video and 2 audio) and sends it out as an HDMI signal for connection to the TV. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fluke
Level 10

Are you connecting to a Roku TV?  If so, who manufactured the Roku TV and what model # is it?

By Wii, you mean the one released back in 2006?  A Wii Mini?  A Wii-U?

Are you connecting via composite (three RCA plugs), s-video, component (five RCA plugs) or HDMI?

Are you connecting directly to the TV or connecting to an A/V Receiver that is then connected to the TV?

Cath
Level 7
Thanks you to reply me. English is not my first language so I did not understand all your message but yes I Want to connect a Wii 2006 on a Roku tv. I bought my tv in Costco and it is a 55 with 4K so HD. Yes, I am connecting to component with five RCA plug (direct in my tv) but there is only 3 holes in my tv and the colors are not the same as the plug. Sorry I’m surely not clear because Im not that good in English but thank you to try to reply me.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Cath, you are apparently trying to connect something with component connections to a TV that doesn't have component inputs. Yes, that can throw the colors off, as all three component cables must be connected correctly to get the full video image. Assuming the TV doesn't have component inputs that you haven't found (some TVs use a "dongle" cable with the three connections that plug into a single connection on the TV), you would need to use a converter.

Here's something available on Amazon for $22: https://www.amazon.com/Component-Adapter-Coverter-Componet-Converter/dp/B07CP2FFS3/. This takes all five cables (3 video and 2 audio) and sends it out as an HDMI signal for connection to the TV. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos