Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcclaingrayson
Channel Surfer

Re: Connecting Wii to TCL 65" Roku TV

Jump to solution

I see. I'm not so much worried about the online options. I just need it to recognize my discs.. Do you think if I connect the console to an older tv that the problem would be fixed? 

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I don't see how the tv affects disc access at all if you get to a point where you can see the screen.  There might be some games that wouldn't work if they can't get online but the basic set should.

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The Wii does not require online at all to play games if a disc doesn’t work then it’s either the disc or the Wii. 

if it isn’t outputting video it could be how you have it connected to the tv as the Wii only outputs 480p and some newer TVs May not like that. 

0 Kudos
angela1

what channel do i turn it to?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@angela1 wrote:

what channel do i turn it to?

If you are referring to changing to the analog input on your TV, it will vary by TV maker. For the majority, there should be an input button on the TV remote. When that is pressed, you will see the various inputs available. The analog input might be labeled Video 1 (or a higher number if there's more than one), it might say analog, or perhaps something completely different. I've seen a TV or two that also just includes different inputs when you reach the end of the available channels when changing the channel up/down. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Maguilar3

In order to put on the Wii. 1st, if you don’t have the channel already added, you’ll need to go to your setting, tv input; then add the AV channel to your guide.  Once you added the channel, then it’ll be at your home screen and from there you can play anything through that component. 

0 Kudos
Lwarneka

Doesn't work. ROKU says it sees no signal.

0 Kudos
cacfnp

This is my exact problem. I have connected my wii to my new TV with the 3 colored cables. It is plugged in and turned on. When I go to wii in the menu I get error message "No signal is it turned on?" What is the fix? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@cacfnp wrote:

This is my exact problem. I have connected my wii to my new TV with the 3 colored cables. It is plugged in and turned on. When I go to wii in the menu I get error message "No signal is it turned on?" What is the fix? 

What are the colors of the three cables? If you're using component video cables (red/green/blue), those are the wrong ones. You need to use the composite cables (yellow, which is video, red/white which is audio). Your TV might support component input, but that requires using 5 cables, three for video and two for audio.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

This is my problem to and I’m getting no answers!

0 Kudos