Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AaronCW76

Connecting Roku speakers to Roku Ultra device.

Jump to solution

I purchased two Roku wireless speakers and I’m trying to pair them with my new Roku Ultra 4K device. The TV does not have Roku directly in the tv itself. Am I not able to pair the Roku speakers to Roku Ultra?? I hold down the home button on the remote for 5 seconds, but nothing happens. Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting Roku speakers to Roku Ultra device.

Jump to solution

You are not, the roku wireless speakers can only be paired to a Roku tv or Roku smart Soundbar. No other roku can be used sorry. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

You are not, the roku wireless speakers can only be paired to a Roku tv or Roku smart Soundbar. No other roku can be used sorry. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
AaronCW76

Jump to solution

Wow... that is surprising. Very disappointing. Do you know the best way I can return the speakers to Roku? 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

I never had to deal with a return through roku, sorry. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@AaronCW76 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about returning a product to Roku, visit our Support pages here: 
What is Roku's return policy?
Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tjreilly70
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

WOW! I have several Roku Ultras that I bought for a pretty penny when they were first released thinking that it would be the best Roku without having a sound bar.

Roku really needs to update their firmware on the Ultra units to connect to the speaker systems.

Triumph326
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@tjreilly70  Has nothing to do with updating the firmware. Roku TV’s and the Roku Soundbar have one very important component that your Ultra doesn’t have. Bluetooth. Without Bluetooth hardware a firmware upgrade won’t do a thing. 

0 Kudos
tjreilly70
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

And there is the issue. The remote is Bluetooth so why cant they release it for audio as well.

I would like to see that as the next player. 

Not a big fan of the sound bars, would prefer a remote speaker set up on either side of the chair/couch or on the patio for movie nights in the gazebo with a lower sound volume closer to my ears. Don't get me wrong, I love the louder presentations, but we also live in a full house with 5 children and an in-law. sometimes its just nice to watch a show without blasting it across the room.

Triumph326
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@tjreilly70  The remote isn’t Bluetooth. It’s WiFi direct. Which means your remote connects to your Roku Ultra via your WiFi. If your just looking to add a small speaker to your Roku that’s easy. Use any Bluetooth speaker paired to your phone. Download the Roku Remote Control app to your smartphone. Launch the app and turn on private listening. Anything from your Roku will come through your Bluetooth speaker. I do this in my bedroom 

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@tjreilly70  Your Roku Ultra remote isn’t Bluetooth. It utilize his Wi-Fi direct to communicate with your Roku. There is no Bluetooth hardware inside your Roku Ultra. you could however download the official Roku remote control app for Android or iOS. Pair any Bluetooth speaker with your phone then turn on private listening on the Roku Remote control app. so anything coming out of your Roku will go through your Bluetooth speaker. I do this on various Roku devices 

0 Kudos