Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Connecting R43B7120UK to Sony home theatre system

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I recently purchased a Hisense Roku TV (#R43B7120UK). I am trying to connect to my Sony home theatre system (BDV-E3100) using a digital audio cable but have had no success. The audio system doesn’t seem to be recognised. What am I not doing right?

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Connecting R43B7120UK to Sony home theatre system

Jump to solution

@Moneymaker Thanks for the note here. Optical audio cables are notoriously fragile, and can easily be damaged. I would recommend trying to use a new optical audio cable to see if this resolves the issue. If your A/V receiver supports it, HDMI ARC is a preferred connection type so I might also recommend connecting the receiver to the HDMI ARC port on your TV instead. 

If neither of those options help get things sorted, or you need more help, please feel free to contact Hisense UK support here: https://hisense.co.uk/contact/

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Moneymaker Thanks for the note here. Optical audio cables are notoriously fragile, and can easily be damaged. I would recommend trying to use a new optical audio cable to see if this resolves the issue. If your A/V receiver supports it, HDMI ARC is a preferred connection type so I might also recommend connecting the receiver to the HDMI ARC port on your TV instead. 

If neither of those options help get things sorted, or you need more help, please feel free to contact Hisense UK support here: https://hisense.co.uk/contact/

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello Tanner,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the cable is brand new. Is there anything I should do before contacting hisense for support?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Moneymaker Just to confirm, I might recommend purchasing a new optical cable. As I mentioned, these cables are very fragile and prone to damage that renders them non-functional. Any bending or twisting, etc. has the potential to cause damage. I might recommend purchasing a replacement just to see if this resolves the issue. In Settings>Audio>S/PDIF and ARC, make sure you have things set to 'Auto detect' as well. If not, it's possible that there is another issue with the optical port, etc. that Hisense may need to assist you with, or look into further warranty options. If you cannot connect the A/V receiver to the TV via HDMI ARC, and a replacement optical cable does not solve the problem, you'll want to contact Hisense support. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos