Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max8888
Level 7

Connecting Pyle PFA540BT to my Roku TV

I am trying to connect the my new Pyle PFA540BT to my Roku TV. The receiver should work as I can play music from my phone through the ceiling speakers that came with my home. I have tried 2 different HDMI cables and cannot get the Roku TV to play though the ceiling speakers. I plug the HDMI cable into the ARC port on the Roku TV and the HDMI port on the Pyle receiver but it still won't work. Can anybody help me? Please?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Max8888
Level 7

Re: Connecting Pyle PFA540BT to my Roku TV

Any tips? Any advice? Anyone? Please?

0 Kudos
jeffjohnson483
Level 7

I have the exact same problem - Sharp Roku TV and Pyle PFA540BT, no sound through HDMI cable.  Did you resolve this?

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 14

I've seen people say using a different cable can fix such problems (apparently not all HDMI cables are the same). Also, in home>settings>tv inputs, you can change the HDMI mode from auto to a specific version. I think I've seen someone say that fixed a problem. 

There's HDMI "extractors" that will split the audio out to a coax or optical cable, if your Pyle could accept that. Maybe that would be a way to make it work?

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos