Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Connecting Pyle PFA540BT to my Roku TV

I am trying to connect the my new Pyle PFA540BT to my Roku TV. The receiver should work as I can play music from my phone through the ceiling speakers that came with my home. I have tried 2 different HDMI cables and cannot get the Roku TV to play though the ceiling speakers. I plug the HDMI cable into the ARC port on the Roku TV and the HDMI port on the Pyle receiver but it still won't work. Can anybody help me? Please?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 7

Re: Connecting Pyle PFA540BT to my Roku TV

Any tips? Any advice? Anyone? Please?

0 Kudos

I have the exact same problem - Sharp Roku TV and Pyle PFA540BT, no sound through HDMI cable.  Did you resolve this?

0 Kudos
Level 9

I've seen people say using a different cable can fix such problems (apparently not all HDMI cables are the same). Also, in home>settings>tv inputs, you can change the HDMI mode from auto to a specific version. I think I've seen someone say that fixed a problem. 

There's HDMI "extractors" that will split the audio out to a coax or optical cable, if your Pyle could accept that. Maybe that would be a way to make it work?

"[Roku CEO] Wood’s goal is to control video access to the world — to be the 'one box that rules them all.'" (Techcrunch, February 23, 2011). The latest software update removed any doubt who rules & controls my TV.
0 Kudos