Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Connecting Onn Roku speakers to Onn Roku soundbar that’s connected to Hisense Roku tv

Jump to solution

Have a 65” Hisense Roku TV and had previously connected the Onn Roku wireless speakers successfully. Decided to add the Onn Roku soundbar today and was able to connect the soundbar to the tv. I then tried to connect the speakers to the soundbar and in the middle of pairing, I get the message from the tv saying the configuration of audio devices is not currently supported and to visit Roku etc. The tv is up to date on software 9.2.6 and build 5204 and the soundbar is ver 9.3.0 and build 4170 

What is preventing me from connecting the speakers to the I have done all that I could find on this site and elsewhere 

Your help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Connecting Onn Roku speakers to Onn Roku soundbar that’s connected to Hisense Roku tv

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Danny.

I was able to finally get the speakers connected to the sound bar.  

What was confusing was that we have 2 separate menus due to the Roku TV and the sound bar with the different 2 remotes. One of us would grab the original remote for the Roku tv and of course, only the sound bar would be working.  Now we use the new remote that came w the soundbar if we want the surround sound w all the speakers or the original remote if we just want the sound bar. They are labeled accordingly! Lol  

Speakers work fine and we are happy with them. 

Thanks again 

Dan 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Connecting Onn Roku speakers to Onn Roku soundbar that’s connected to Hisense Roku tv

Jump to solution

@Swift007 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Danny.

I was able to finally get the speakers connected to the sound bar.  

What was confusing was that we have 2 separate menus due to the Roku TV and the sound bar with the different 2 remotes. One of us would grab the original remote for the Roku tv and of course, only the sound bar would be working.  Now we use the new remote that came w the soundbar if we want the surround sound w all the speakers or the original remote if we just want the sound bar. They are labeled accordingly! Lol  

Speakers work fine and we are happy with them. 

Thanks again 

Dan 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos