Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpmckinley
Reel Rookie

Connecting DVD player to Roku TV

This TCL Roku TV is with out a doubt the absolute worst TV I have ever purchased.
It plays Roku just fine, but that is ALL. NO DVD, NO Blue-Ray, NO WIFI router, NO CD, NO DVR, Absolutely nothing except Roku.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
MT50
Channel Surfer

Re: Connecting DVD player to Roku TV

You literally have to reset ur tv to factory and add all ur players every time u want a new box or dvd player. It is the worst ever for that reason.  #rpmckindley

0 Kudos
MT50
Channel Surfer

Any other questions just message me 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I've never had a TCL TV, but I have an Insignia and Sharp Roku TV and never had any issue connecting an external device. From all the other issues I've heard with TCL TVs it seems like it's something specific with that brand. And unfortunately Roku has no control over the hardware used by the TV manufacturers. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
rpmckinley
Reel Rookie

The Roku is fine, everything we expect is there and works perfectly.
The TCL TV however is another question. It will NOT connect to my wifi-blue-ray DVD player.
All I get is "No signal is it on?"
Also the TCL TV will NOT run any closed captions. There is a setting for that but is doesn't work, doesn't do anything in any programs.

0 Kudos
Uffda
Reel Rookie

My DVD player shows up in my list of streaming services & was working fine now it won’t play at all?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Uffda

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is the DVD not showing up on screen? Do you no longer see the DVD input on the Home page? If the DVD is just no longer working, this may be related to a DVD hardware related issue and may have nothing to do with your Roku TV.

With more information we will be able to assist you further. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mmcfad

Purchased a HDMI cable for dvd and all l get is power on to dvd player l try it in all 4 HDMI slot. My cable TV work in all the slots. This is aTLC/Roku TV just purchased a week ago.

0 Kudos