Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rbugs77872

Connect my TCL TV to my Resound Streaming device for my hearing aids

I have a new TCL TV and when I plug my Resound streaming device in it shuts the TVs audio off 

The idea is to have the streaming device connect to the tv and project via Bluetooth to my hearing aids and let others watch the tv and control the tv sound while I control the streaming device output 

2 REPLIES 2
RSAZ
Reel Rookie

Re: Connect my TCL TV to my Resound Streaming device for my hearing aids

We're wondering the exact same thing.  My parents' house has a Roku TCL TV and we want to get them the Resound streaming device but don't know if it will shut off the rest of the sound.  Rbugs, if you don't mind me asking, do you have the device connected via the optical port or the RCA adapter port?

0 Kudos
RSAZ
Reel Rookie

Re: Connect my TCL TV to my Resound Streaming device for my hearing aids

Quick update, no idea if this will work but worth a try. If your resound TV steamer is connected via optical cable, go into settings on the TV, then "audio", then "audio output", then "TV speakers".  If you choose the eARC or Optical output, it turns off the TV speakers. But the "TV speakers" setting supposedly looks like it keeps the optical output on at the same time. So maybe try that?  We don't have the resound steamer for my folks to try yet, so I don't know if it will work.

0 Kudos