cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RebelLion1519
Binge Watcher

Connect a record player on Bluetooth

Hello,

I have a Roku Streambar Pro  and a record player with a Bluetooth transmitter. I would like to be able to play records with the soundbar, but when I go to Bluetooth settings on the Roku, it seems to only want to connect to phones or tablets. When I search, it doesn't detect the record player's transmitter. My portable Bluetooth speaker connects no problem, but I would prefer to be able to use the Roku bar. Is there another way to pair a Bluetooth device.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
MichaelRKirk
Channel Surfer

Re: Connect a record player on Bluetooth

I have had my sony turntable comnected for many months and worked great.  But recently the bluetooth setting on the roku have changed and I can no longer get them to connect.  Have you figured anything out?

RebelLion1519
Binge Watcher

No, I haven't found a workaround yet. I thought maybe I could connect my phone to the transmitter and somehow "pass-through" from the phone to the soundbar, but no such luck. Very frustrating limitation to only be able to connect a phone, and not some other Bluetooth device.

0 Kudos
MichaelRKirk
Channel Surfer

I just got mine working perfect again with the phone&tablet option.  I had to factory reset my soundbar first.

RebelLion1519
Binge Watcher

So you just selected "phone/tablet" and then the Bluetooth device was there? Sweet, I'll try a factory reset tonight.

0 Kudos
MichaelRKirk
Channel Surfer

Let me know if you get it working.  Ill do my best to help.  

0 Kudos
RebelLion1519
Binge Watcher

It didn't work. 😞 When I try to pair a "phone or tablet," and pair the transmitter, it searches and searches and never finds it.

0 Kudos
MichaelRKirk
Channel Surfer

My turntable for some reason will blink in 2 speeds.  The faster is what worked with mine.  Had to hold the pairing button a few seconds.

0 Kudos
MichaelRKirk
Channel Surfer

I'm not using a transmitter.  The bluetooth is built into my turntable.

0 Kudos
RebelLion1519
Binge Watcher

I'm trying to connect a Bluetooth transmitter adapter thing...my turntable doesn't have built in Bluetooth. The transmitter does connect to my other Bluetooth speaker, so I don't think it's the problem, but it is very limited. 

0 Kudos