Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Connect a New Roku to Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku TV that is extremely slow, takes about 2 minutes to load Netflix and can almost never run anything in Disney Plus. I have an extra Roku Ultra I want to use with it, but I’m worried if I hit the home screen button on that remote it will go to the TV’s home. Is it possible to connect Roku Player to a Roku TV and control what each remote controls?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 18

Re: Connect a New Roku to Roku TV

Jump to solution

There will be no problem at all. If you were using IR remotes Roku TV's use completely different IR code set then console roku's like the Ultra. If you were using wifi remotes they're only paired to one device at a time, so no trouble there either.

You can set the roku tv to power on set to hdmi the ultra is attached to, so you never have to see the tv home screen. Settings> system> power> power on  (home screen)> chose the ultra hdmi input.

Edmund

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 18

Re: Connect a New Roku to Roku TV

Jump to solution

There will be no problem at all. If you were using IR remotes Roku TV's use completely different IR code set then console roku's like the Ultra. If you were using wifi remotes they're only paired to one device at a time, so no trouble there either.

You can set the roku tv to power on set to hdmi the ultra is attached to, so you never have to see the tv home screen. Settings> system> power> power on  (home screen)> chose the ultra hdmi input.

Edmund

View solution in original post