Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srogers1191
Level 7

Comcast coaxial only cable box hook up to Roku TV

I am trying to set up my comcast small black cable box with my new roku tv. i want it to be hardwired because when i stream through xfinity app it is very fuzzy. My cable box does not have hdmi option only coaxial. I have everything hooked up exactly how it was on my last tv which cable worked fine. When i go to "cable tv" it says no signal is it turned on. When i go to antenna tv to scan for channels and it only find 1 local channel. How do I connect cable via coaxial and get all my channels. Thanks 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Comcast coaxial only cable box hook up

The tuner is in small cable box, if there's no hdmi, then you have to attach it by coax  to the tv, and tune to ch 3 or 4. You would need to use the cable remote to change channels.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
KathyO
Level 7

We have our Roku tv connected to our small black cable box but still receiving no signal and no channels found. We’re at a loss as to what to do. We hooked our cable into the Antenna /cable in port on our 40S325 model tv.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@KathyO 

Thanks for the note.

When accessing your cable box, are you selecting the antenna input on your Roku TV from the home screen?

For more information about how to set up the Antenna input on your Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How do I set up the Antenna TV input on my Roku TV™?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Netty5313
Level 7

No how do you do that

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

If there isn't ant input on the home screen of your roku tv, go into settings> tv inputs> scroll down to unused inputs to LiveTV> install, do a channel scan and when it asks to add ch 3 click yes. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Wannittowork
Level 7

I have the same problem with the little black comcast box. ...have the back of the box set to "3" run through the set up and dont get the cable box symbol on input selections in the end. I simply want the coax to be an input choice to get to the cable services using the cable remote. Please advise. (I have seen the roku video for set up and followed it precisely. ...just want input selection to the coax input). 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

What are the inputs tiles called on your roku tv home screen? It might be there but it was renamed something else. An unedited coax input would have a picture of an antenna on it and is called Live tv. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 14

@Tivoburkee wrote:

What are the inputs tiles called on your roku tv home screen? It might be there but it was renamed something else. An unedited coax input would have a picture of an antenna on it and is called Live tv. 

I don't have cable. But, I've noticed that the antenna tv's "scan for channels" will scan for cable channels too. So, as you note, that's now called the Live TV tile. And, to scan for channels, it's Home>Settings>Tv Inputs>Live Tv.

FWIW: I wish that scan was available by pressing "*" on the Live TV tile. It's strange to have to go to a Settings menu item when the * settings key is supposed to be for accessing things like this, you'd think. The heuristics are confusing. (You can press * while watching a channel and not be able to hide or fav it. You have to travel all the way to this menu item. I don't understand why improvements like that haven't been made, while doing other things that don't seem like an improvement.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos