Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Comcast coaxial only cable box hook up to Roku TV

I am trying to set up my comcast small black cable box with my new roku tv. i want it to be hardwired because when i stream through xfinity app it is very fuzzy. My cable box does not have hdmi option only coaxial. I have everything hooked up exactly how it was on my last tv which cable worked fine. When i go to "cable tv" it says no signal is it turned on. When i go to antenna tv to scan for channels and it only find 1 local channel. How do I connect cable via coaxial and get all my channels. Thanks 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Comcast coaxial only cable box hook up

The tuner is in small cable box, if there's no hdmi, then you have to attach it by coax  to the tv, and tune to ch 3 or 4. You would need to use the cable remote to change channels.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

We have our Roku tv connected to our small black cable box but still receiving no signal and no channels found. We’re at a loss as to what to do. We hooked our cable into the Antenna /cable in port on our 40S325 model tv.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@KathyO 

Thanks for the note.

When accessing your cable box, are you selecting the antenna input on your Roku TV from the home screen?

For more information about how to set up the Antenna input on your Roku TV, visit our Support page here: How do I set up the Antenna TV input on my Roku TV™?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos