Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cielx

Closed Captions "On Always" ineffective

Why do I have to enable closed captions every time I turn my roku tv on? There is an option for "on always" under accessibility & captions, yet I have to enable this every time. Every day lately I have to turn captions on manually, and this occurs on roku stick and roku tv so I don't believe it's the individual apps.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Closed Captions "On Always" ineffective

Hi @Cielx

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Please note that most channels and apps contain their own settings and will override the settings in Roku menus. Check inside each channel's individual settings and disable captions in each. Some channels have their own captions settings that are separate from the system settings. Some channel manages their own content programming, including closed captions and subtitles on content. Reach out to the channel If changing the captions on the Roku settings does not resolve the issue.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: Turning closed captions on or off 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos